CNN

Wow. She was one of my favourite anchors.

I hope this is a joke…only warrants a quick post, not rolling coverage.

3 Likes

Any idea what CNNi will do with that hour?

some sort of news programming

2 Likes

Here’s her farewell discourse:

1 Like

CNN doing split-screen ads during its Fourth of July. They’ve done it during US election coverage in the past

1 Like

Watched some of this show. It was epic. A spectacular production for a news channel.

1 Like

CNN does a solid effort for big events like NYE, elections and Fourth of July celebrations to name a few.

The Zucker-era names continue to fall.

What a shame. It was a good show and he’s a decent person.

Clearly the new CNN boss wants to move away from bashing other media and just focus on doing the news. Kinda makes sense.

1 Like

Good. I think the years of non-stop Trump-bashing severely damaged the brand. Even as someone who also detests the man, I found much of the bellyaching hugely repetitive and over the top. The nadir for me was when they ripped off Red Dwarf to promote themselves in their (then de rigeur) holier-than-thou manner:

2 Likes

good riddance

There was a suggestion (that has since been refuted) that Stelter’s coverage of John Malone (who is a major shareholder in WBD) may have been a contributing factor to his departure.

Stelter was quite polarising, pissing off those on both the left and the right (often simultaneously)

A good journo should piss off both the left and right don’t you reckon?

Wonder if Stelter could end up at MSNBC

It depends on the circumstances - not sure that some of Stelter’s approach really fits that

1 Like
3 Likes

CNN has announced the team of presenters for its new morning show: Don Lemon, Poppy Harlow and Kaitlyn Collins. It looks like Chris Licht is going to take the CBS This Morning route for the overhauled morning program.

3 Likes

This morning show sounds good.

Wonder if it will be on CNNi.

Any guesses on what happens in PrimeTime?

2 Likes