Climate, Weather and Emergencies

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to watch the Environment Minister’s decisions get overturned in court.
Just more waste of time and money because of this government’s refusal to do the right thing.

I’ve found about this just recently.

The move seems silly in a time when we’re trying to reduce carbon emissions through acts like gas drilling. It also seems quite a bad decision to allow such operations near a tourist attraction.

If anything, the Victorian Environment Minister is only proving herself capable of making poor decisions like the Federal Environment Minister. (who is already being criticised over poor treatment of the Great Barrier Reef + a recent mine extension).

But what do you think?

(The article was written one month ago.)

1 Like

Did anyone just feel that Earthquake in Melbourne? My workplace was shaking.

3 Likes

My house started shaking suddenly for a good 20-30 seconds.

1 Like

same here in ballarat, my house was shaking for to 20 to 30 seconds

1 Like

Apparently it hit Sydney too?

Did not notice anything in Sydney. My boss in Melbourne told us on Teams as soon as it happened. He thinks it was 10 seconds. Other workmates said they felt it longer.

1 Like

It was really freaky. Thought it was just a strong wind, then the shaking continued.

Dan Andrews is hell bent on destroying Victoria, isn’t he?

I’m sure the rent-a-crowd protesters will use it as another reason to demand Dan’s resignation.

2 Likes

Punishment for the riots.

1 Like
1 Like

10km Depth, 6.0

So how serious is this?

1 Like

I felt it here in Mornington. Mother Earth’s had enough.

Betty’s Burgers on Chapel St has significant damage.

4 Likes
1 Like

Yep, felt that in Albury. One of the weirdest sensations I’ve ever felt.

1 Like

Apparently a second tremor has hit Marysville. Also reports of CBD buildings being evacuated as a precaution in case there’s damage to building structures.