Classic TV Listings

Todays TV: 9 Oct 2007, Perth
Source: THe West Australian

3 Likes

I didn’t know Ten initially showed Oprah in a late night slot, was it weekly?

1 Like

From what I gather from my research, Ten first showed Oprah on Monday 5th August 1991 in a late night timeslot & was initially once a week on Mondays, before it was soon extended to Tuesdays.

It was moved to the daytime slot from Monday 20th January 1992 at 2:30pm weekdays, the same day when Ten moved its evening news to 5pm.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 9.10.1982, Victoria “Country”

Source: TV Week

The Closing Ceremony of the Brisbane Commonwealth Games is live on ABC with highlights on Nine

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 10 October 2007, Perth
Source: The West Australian

4 Likes

For anyone who wants to warp back to 10:30pm on 10 October 2007 for an hour :slight_smile:

11 Likes

It lasted a few years too, but I enjoyed it, despite sometimes being a bit crude for my liking.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 11 October 2007, Perth

5 Likes

Showbiz '82 produced at BTV6 Ballarat and relayed to GMV6 and the TV8 stations. This was a spin-off of National Star Quest but was limited to regional Victoria. There were a lot of co-productions between BTV, GMV and the TV8 stations shown on all these stations: others include the music video show “Breezin” hosted by Glenn Ridge, Sounds Like Country hosted by Dave Pincombe and GMV6’s Tony Kenison, Wednesday Night Live (later Thursday Night Live from 1984-85) with Fred Fargher, the Lightning Spike Cup regional volleyball championships from Bendigo, the Charles and Diana royal visits to Bendigo and Ballarat in 1983, and the Ash Wednesday Bushfire Relief Appeal among others.

3 Likes

Source: TV Scene

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 14 October 2010, Perth

Due to the final day of the Commonwealth Games, TEN News Perth aired at a special time at 6pm. This went up against Seven and Nine News. Over in Regional WA, WIN had the Commonwealth Games starting at 9:30am instead of 9am.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 15.10.1960, Adelaide

Source: TV-Radio Tonight

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 15 October 2004, Perth

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 16.10.1976, Western Australia.

Source: TV Times

TVW7’s Telethon weekend, which in 1976 raised $721,624.

3 Likes

Todays TV: 16 Oct 2011, Perth

Over at Channel 7 there was Telethon being shown during the day.
WIN broadcasted a chockful lineup of sports including the Live Australian MotoGP, Rugby League Test Match (between Kangaroos v Kiwis), Rugby World Cup (Semi Final between All Blacks and the Wallabies), the Korean Formula 1 Grand Prix and Netball between Australia and England. I even noticed that Channel 9 showed the Rugby League Test match live on the main channel, which surprised me.

3 Likes

STW was WIN-owned at this stage.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 17 October 2005, Perth

Channel 9 broadcasted a ICC SUper Series Test match between Australia and World XI. I noticed that former West Indies player, Michael Holding joined Nine’s Cricket coverage as a guest commentator.
Over on Seven, the It’s Academic show premiered at 4PM, where they had a new host, Simon Reeve.

3 Likes

That was hardly uncommon, especially during summers when the West Indies would tour here which they did in 2005/06

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 17 October 2009, Perth

WIN skipped the Caufield Cup Horse racing as there was not enough timeslots available in the schedule. Even that, WIN showed the Brazilian F1 GP earlier than TEN Perth.
ABC had quite a heavy sports lineup with Wheelchair Basketball, the WNBL, the W-League soccer and the Lawn Bowls.

3 Likes

The Super Series being an ICC thing had a mixture of 9 and world commentators, Ravi Shastri also I believe was part of the team.

2 Likes