Christmas and New Year

Christmas is here clawing up our backs again. Another year gone and quite frankly I can’t wait to see the end of 2022 as well. Too many people have passed away (celebrities and those in. personal circle).

What are you all doing for Christmas ? I’m staying in the neighbourhood.

And drinking for most of the day. I was invited to my families lunch but my sister and her barking husband are gonna be there so I plan on staying home and drinking with the neighbours over a bbq.

For New Years pretty much will be doing same
Thing , nothing with family :grinning:

1 Like

I’ll be flying home. This will be my first trip to Australia since I moved to the United States in April, so it will be a good opportunity to gauge whether I’m homesick or whether my decision to move overseas was the right one.

As for actual Christmas, I’ll be spending the day with my dad and some friends for Christmas lunch. New Years is still undecided, but I think I’ll be staying with a friend of mine in Sydney. Plenty of good food and drinks involved with both, I’m sure. I don’t know how the Americans go back-to-back on such rich meals straight after Thanksgiving!

2 Likes

Thanks to OnAir for picking up my mistake with the new year/news year! I didn’t realise it until I just saw it now :stuck_out_tongue: thanks mate.

Hi Ricketycricket, hopefully you will be looking forward to the nice warm weather when you come down. What is it like working over there in the US at the moment?

Sounds like a nice plan you have for Christmas Day! :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t mind the cold so much, but I’m looking forward to travelling to a place where it isn’t pitch dark at 5pm!

Working in the US has been a great experience so far. I will say, I’m at an international organisation so my leave and health care entitlements are pretty cushy by way of comparison. But it’s been great to meet people from all around the world, and I’m looking forward to keeping things going as my contract goes on.