Christchurch Mosques Terror Attack - Coverage

ABC with reports of a 2nd mosque attack and vision of police activity and arrests on another street.

All residents of Christchurch are being asked to stay indoors. All schools in the city are locked down. I have a friend at the University of Canterbury who says all classes have been cancelled until further notice.

1 News has vision of police going from car to car around the hospital.

Newshub gone to break.

Update; Showing ads this time.

Newshub should get one of the frontline presenters on after the break. McCann has done very well.

Dunno, he’s capapble. I’d leave him in the hotseat until 4. Who’s doing the 4:30 bulli today, Suzy? I’d put her in there until 5, then the big guns.

(edit) Sorry, bad word choice. Really bad word choice.

Great choice of words there bud.

1 Like

From St Johns Ambulance: Approximately 20 emergency ambulances and operational vehicles are at the scene providing support. St John was first notified of the firearms incident in central Christchurch at 1:53pm Friday afternoon.

I know, I realised as soon as I hit Reply. Apologies.

A spokesperson for the Islamic Womens Council is speaking to 1 News right now. Confirmed deaths have happened.

Newshub back.

Thomas Mead is speaking with a key eyewitness.

1 Like

He needs to hold the mic higher.

Nine have crossed to One NZ

Sky News “One of the darkest days in NZ history”

2 Likes

I’d imagine it’s hard for anyone to get reporters near the hospital.

The victim Mead speaking to has blood on him. Absolutely heartbreaking.

4 Likes

Witness on Newshub is saying the shooting went on for at least 20 minutes.

1 News now has Mike Thorpe reporting live.

ABC News via Police tweet “active shooter”

Crawler on 7

Nine still going with their coverage.

1 Like

Tova O’Brien is now at Parliament for Newshub. Police Minister to have a meeting with Andrew Little and Jenny Salesa on the 9th floor upon his arrival in Wellington.

Armed Police to be deployed throughout NZ!