Christchurch Mosques Terror Attack - Coverage

Wow.

18 Likes

Wow indeed. That is such a huge step by them.

2 Likes

Woah.

Barbara Miller reporting for TV and radio.

It appears Sky NZ is now running Fox Sports News on the Sky News Channel 87. It looks as though the switch was made just after 8pm last night.

From Channel 4 (ITN) in the UK, Anja Popp is in Christchurch.

I’ve just seen the Greek national broadcaster ERT reporting it via SBS. They do not show the horrific footage once inside the mosque. However, they still show him in his car, preparing to go there and shooting his semi automatic rifle towards his windscreen without bullets and outside on the ground in his driveway.

I agree. I don’t think they should be showing these images either.

Play stupid games, you win stupid prizes - there was no reason to show the footage (regardless of NZ Police’s reasonable request)

It’s good to see someone hold Sky News to account for once

5 Likes

The exact same bits of the recording which the Australian networks for some unjustifiable reason think it’s okay to show over and over again…

Those bits have also been circulated on Reuters (who have not made available the parts of the live stream inside the mosque).

is that a permamnet move

Wondered what happened to her. Was great at Ten News

Australian media could learn a lot from their New Zealand counterparts. Aus media is all about being ‘first’, resulting in an incredible amount of misinformation being communicated. A perfectt example being the Lindt siege.

1 Like

No.

Who has been presenting 1 News and Newshub updates since the morning specials?

NBC National Correspondent Miguel Almaguer is in Christchurch, reporting
for NBC news.

4 Likes

It will be interesting to watch the Warriors game on Fox Sports today from Mt Smart stadium in NZ. I’m sure it will be an emotional game.

The NZ Warriors have just announced that entry to the game will be free for everyone. A nice gesture. “Mt Smart is our home and a safe house for every New Zealander” - CEO Cameron George

3 Likes

That’s a bit of a fucking stretch, dude. This has nothing to do with that and you know it.

OK so you ban SBS for showing the interior footage.

Super Rugby between the Highlanders and Crusaders called off tonight