Channel Nine Telethon (Qld)

Saturday 18 November

Stefanovic and Jeffreys to join fundraiser for sick kids

HOME is where the heart is for Channel Nine’s golden couple Sylvia Jeffreys and Peter Stefanovic. The couple, who married in April, will return to their native Queensland to co-host the Channel Nine Telethon in Brisbane on November 18 for the Children’s Hospital Foundation.

Despite both working for the Today show, the pair prefer to keep their relationship and work duties separate, but will make an exception in an effort to raise funds.

“I can’t wait to get back to my home state, to help the Children’s Hospital Foundation and the team at Nine raise money for the sick kids of Queensland,” Stefanovic said.

Jeffreys and Stefanovic will be joined on stage by Today’s Richard Wilkins and Natalia Cooper and Today Extra hosts Sonia Kruger and David Campbell.

Channel 9 is set to fly some of its best talent to man the phones with The Block, Family Food Fight, Married At First Sight, The Voice and even upcoming drama Bite Club all to be represented. The Channel Nine Telethon has raised more than $34 million in three years.

By making a donation, Queenslanders will help the Children’s Hospital Foundation support, care and entertain our sickest kids and their families while they’re in hospital and they can be part of something big – funding world-class research to find better treatments and ultimately cures for our most devastating childhood diseases.

We would also like to thank our presenting partners – the Queensland Government, Woolworths, BOQ, Golden Casket, The Coffee Club, The Courier Mail and The Sunday Mail, Triple M and Sunsuper – and their staff and customers for their wonderful support.

The Channel Nine Telethon will occur on Saturday 18 November. If you are interested in donating to help sick kids smile and laugh, get better and go home sooner, call 1800 909 900, or donate online now.

2 Likes

5pm program “Queensland’s Bravest”

Regional

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Minty from 4TO got a cross as seen in one of your caps. What of Pricey?

I don’t think so.

Paul and Natasha from NBN were at the Channel 9 Telethon in Brisbane.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Various short crosses throughout afternoon

2 Likes

3 Likes

QLD telethon promo

3 Likes

Putting aside the off-brand look, is there really a need for two Nine logos on the endtag? I don’t think viewers are going to be confused as to which station the Channel Nine Telethon will be shown on! :confused:

3 Likes

Promo

3 Likes

Saturday 16 November

05:00 pm Working Wonders
Join National Nine News Melissa Downes and Andrew Lofthouse live, for a heartwarming hour of television, as we meet the inspiring children of the Nine Telethon in support of the Children’s Hospital Foundation.

07:00 pm - 10:00 pm Nine Telethon
The Nine Telethon is set to rock with a live concert from the Fortitude Music Hall featuring Icehouse, Sheppard and ARC. Along with inspirational stories and fundraising parties, it’s a night to remember, as we help Queensland’s sick kids.

3 Likes

It’s pathetic. 3 hours? Why bother? Not a patch on the Children’s Hospital Appeal that used to be on BTQ 7 for many years. I’m pretty sure it started Friday nights and would go right through until at least midnight Saturday if not longer. It was a true event. This current version is terrible.

1 Like

Working Wonders:

7pm broadcast

4 Likes

The Children’s Hospital Foundation Queensland is aiming to raise $13 million that they otherwise wouldn’t get. I think that’s why they bother even though it’s three hours.

5 Likes

I know you hate Channel Nine but this is a bad take.

1 Like

Don’t try to call me out and make me look like a bad guy. I’m a cancer survivor myself and raise funds for several charities each year, and have donated tonight…
I don’t mean why bother with the fundraising, why bother with the coverage the way it is
?
Most of the total so far has been made up of big donations from governments and organisations… this will happen despite the coverage.
If you want to build a good total from the general public you need to be on air for longer, that’s my point. Simple.
If they’re worried about poor ratings, don’t cut it down to nothing, put it on over Easter where it used to be.
And I don’t care what channel it’s on…but I do wonder why it’s called the 9 telethon?

2 Likes