Channel Nine On-Air Presentation (Feb-Sep 2009)

Lots of shockers during this brief era which didn’t do well in the ratings

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, Dance Your A— Off also aired in the middle of 2009 and tanked in the ratings.

4 Likes

Lasted all of one episode and replaced by…well we’re talking about Channel Nine in 2009 so you can probably guess! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The show was apparently so bad, TV Tonight couldn’t make it to the end! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Unfortunately, Nine in 09 (though there was no formal marketing of that) was not as successful as Seven in 07 was for the Seven Network.

I also remember a Mumbrella article that was titled “TV viewers reject Australia’s Perfect Couple for World’s Strictest Parents”.

It was a cheap show from Oxygen, not a hugely popular cable channel in the US, what did they expect?

2 Likes

Yes, it was burnt off on GO!. I and most other members on here were deadset it would fail before the premiere and it certainly did just that.

5 Likes

I really have vivid memory’s of this package. At the time, I was living around Tweed Heads for the year of 2009, and have great memory’s of watching NBN Television as well as Channel 9, 7 and 10 down there as well. The best one was that evening of Channel GO! launching, I thought they tied in together well as a package, I feel they could revive it into a 2.0 thing. Just don’t know why it was used for 10 months and then thrown away, just seems wasteful.

5 Likes

I do. Nine were in a pretty bad shape back in 2009 to the point that it was probably necessary to reassure the Australian public that things were about to get better by relaunching with the “Welcome Home” slogan and an On-Air Presentation package which more resembled a classic Nine look.

2 Likes

Ahhhh, I see now, wasn’t a big fan of that package, I very well remember it, but the 2.0 version, now that was something.

(Thanks for clearing that up for me, I’ll go and do some more research now.)

2 Likes

I’ll look further, lucky my HDD that stored all my recordings didn’t die unlike another HDD that had alot of legacy content. Lucky now live in a world of cloud storage. I only captured STW-9 back then than any other channel due to it be an affiliate rather than a O&O station back then, unfortunately it fell under a O&O station now I feel it’s just all the same now so I stopped capping a few years back.

4 Likes

Taken on 5 February 2009 during 20 to 1

Signpost, ident and M classification warning

Credit YouTube/For the Love of Broadcast

This package should’ve lasted a few years with the classic 2D dots.

5 Likes

I agree

2 Likes

The 2D dots are timeless

Nine Gold Coast - Monday 22/6/2009

Sea Patrol Themed Lineup:

Idents:
Transformers Movie Tie-in

Ekka

Nine For Queensland

Sponsor:

PG Classification: