1996-1997

Lineup:
Standard

Must See TV

Classification:

PRG:

Movie Opener:

Promos:

Additional Caps or information about the On-Air Presentation is welcome! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

As far as I’m aware, the 1st version of this particular On-Air Presentation package was launched on Sunday October 16, 1994. I believe that this was also the same date that NBN changed it’s logo to the WIN-style “Nine dots” logo while VIC-TV and TAS-TV rebranded with this look as WIN Victoria and WIN Tasmania respectively, but I’d have to check on all that.

Of course, the “I Am” promos (an idea which Nine borrowed from CBS in America!) probably would’ve started airing around the same time this On-Air Presentation package launched. I believe those were used in 1994 and as the launch pad for Channel Nine’s 1995 season, with the “This Is Australia” promos using that GANGgajang song and Channel Nine celebrities doing very “Australian” things being the 1996 launch promo.

As for when it Nine’s next On-Air Presentation package was launched…probably in February 1997? The “Still The One” promos with the TVs were launched on New Years Day before the graphics fully changed over AFAIK.

Anyway, I’ve got a couple of recordings of Channel Nine Sydney from 1996 in the SydneyCityTV archives which I’ll try and grab some caps from sometime over the coming days.

4 Likes

Screenshots of promos from a recording of Channel Nine Sydney on 29/5/1996:

…and some from a recording of the same station on 8/11/1996:

I would’ve included caps of the Ident, Movie Openers and PRG (Sydney Version) but zampakid has already covered it.

4 Likes

Caps from Nine Perth on 22/3/1996:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

2 Likes

Sunday Night at the Movies Opener 13/10/1996:

3 Likes

Promo Endtags from 24/11/1995:

3 Likes

Content from Nine Perth (September 1996):

Promo Endtags:

National Nine News/ACA:

3 Likes

More archives from episode of price is right 1996

3 Likes

Promo Endtags from Channel Nine Sydney - 14/9/1996:

2 Likes

Caps from Channel Nine Sydney - 1/12/1995

Friday Night at the Movies Opener:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

4 Likes

Caps from Nine Perth - Sunday 24/9/1995

Start of Program PRG and PRG

Promo Endtags:

5 Likes

Caps from Nine Melbourne - 4/6/1995.

PRG:

“This is Channel Nine” Ident:

Promo Endtags:

4 Likes

Caps from Nine Perth - Late November 1996

“Perth is Still The One” Promo/Ident:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

3 Likes

Not 100% sure about the airdate for the Late November 1996 recording of Accidental Hero from Perth at this stage, but I’ve at least got one for this repeat of My Fair Lady:

June 4, 1995.

5 Likes

Caps from Nine Sydney - Wednesday 31/7/1996

Promo Endtags:

Thursday Night Promo:

5 Likes

My best guess is Late July, possibly even Wednesday 31/7/1996?

The Thursday night lineup being advertised would’ve been for the 1st of August, the Sydney City Roosters v Parramatta game was played on the 2nd, Nine aired Mortal Thoughts on the 3rd and Ghost (again) on the 4th.

2 Likes

After checking the file, it was during a “Wednesday Mystery Movie”, so I will say you’re correct on the date.

2 Likes

Caps from Nine Sydney - Sunday 28/1/1996

Promo Endtags:

Tuesday Night Promo:

5 Likes

Caps from Nine Sydney - Monday/Tuesday (Overnight) 30-31/10/1995

Still The One Promo:

Promo Endtags:

4 Likes

Caps from Nine Perth - Late November 1996

Sponsor:

PRG: