Celebrity Name Game

Save time and money and return news to 6pm

And lose your 5pm audience and whatever 6pm audience you have.

I think whatever they put there will be in third place so as long as you can get the advertisers, don’t worry about it too much.

News won’t rate any lower than the 200k game shows are getting now. They don’t have any audience to lose.

It has been proven otherwise. Go and dig up the old ratings for all the news experiments Ten have tried and see for yourself. I don’t know why need to keep goimg back over this old ground.

1 Like

I think this program should be live to air with the the home audience being encouraged to phone in to guess the names of the celebrities.

Next Week-

Monday- Susie Youssef & Gen Fricker
Tuesday- Shannon Noll & Ian’Dicko’ Dickson
Wednesday- Colin Lane & Melinda Schneider
Thursday- Yvie Jones & Angie Kent
Friday- Sandra Sully & Matt Burke

4 Likes

Instead of The Simpsons at 6pm and rights have gone to 7 , how about Bob’s Burgers at 6pm . Would that cost more than CNG ?

Are you serious? Who would watch that at 6pm? I love The Simpsons but I have never been able to sit through a whole episode of Bob’s Burgers. It’s too niche.

It wouldn’t work on 10 Peach let alone 10.

1 Like

Next Week-

Monday-
Osher Gunsberg & Melody Thornton
Tuesday-
Mel Buttle & Ranger Stacey Thomson
Wednesday-
Peter Helliar & Rove McManus
Thursday-
Anne Edmonds & Jimeoin
Friday-
Scott McLaughlin & Rick Kelly

3 Likes

Timed to coincide with Supercars Gold Coast 600 at the weekend.

The ratings for the past two nights have been really low, numbers that Pointless was getting.

It was doomed to fail when they put Grant at the helm. That guy outside of “shiny floor” Live Event TV - Dancing With The Stars, etc - is an absolutely terrible presenter.

Shows like Game of Games, Spelling Bee, Family Feud, and now Celebrity Name Game are not playing to his strengths. But yet on DWTS I really liked him…go figure!

1 Like
2 Likes

Next week:
Monday - Beau Ryan and Nina Oyama
Tuesday - Joel Creasey and Claire Hooper
Wednesday - Dave O’Neil and Emily Taheny
Thursday - Tanya Hennessy and Liv Phyland
Friday - Ben Harvey and Liam Stapleton (Ben and Liam)

1 Like

Next week:
Monday - Scott Tweedie and Kate Peck
Tuesday - Sam Simmons and Jay Pharaoh (repeat for viewers in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth)
Wednesday - Matt White and Roz Kelly
Thursday - Vicki Pattison and Shannon Noll (repeat for viewers in Perth)
Friday - Ian “Dicko” Dickson and Lydia Lassila

2 Likes

3 Likes

I didn’t get the Melbourne Cup theme, when it was the day before.

TV Tonight reporting that Celebrity Name Game was 4th in its slot last night, behind the ABC. Knox says that they have enough episodes pre-recorded until April, if it were to be given the axe.

5 Likes

surely they cannot start the year with that turkey in the timeslot. Punt it to the multi channel so game show watchers still have their option and put news or sports tonight in now - or over summer to build

3 Likes

Have you seen the ratings for Sports Tonight? At 6pm, it would be destroyed against Seven/Nine News.

There’s only one show that will ever work in that timeslot.

Seven are cash-strapped and will not say no to sub-licensing Simpsons.

:rofl: Still flogging that dead horse.

1 Like