CBS News

CBS is also home to the most successful sitcoms of the last 20 years - Everybody Loves Raymond, Kings of Queens, TBBT, Mike & Molly, etc. they have had a stable crop of popular young skewing programs.

1 Like

That Sunday Morning theme is iconic. The show skews very old, as does the set, but I think that’s part of its appeal. It’s not trying to mass market, you tune in and you know what you’re going to get: a pretty serious Sunday morning current affairs show.

Given CBS Mornings is less buttoned down, I’m surprised they didn’t try to give the theme a remix.

In a way, I wonder if the show bombs or goes too far downmarket whether that will tarnish the image of Sunday Morning.

5 Likes

Caps:

10 Likes

Ross Dagan has been 10’s Network Director of News Content for the past three years.

1 Like

CBS Evening News has adopted the new network bug placement, now center-aligning its supers.

4 Likes

CBS This Morning Saturday

Oops :grimacing:

4 Likes

That’s still the name of the show.

CBS Mornings is Weekdays.

2 Likes

Currently it is, though however to quote Newscaststudio’s initial article about the change to CBS Mornings:

To reinforce that branding, “CBS This Morning Saturday” will be renamed “CBS Saturday Morning.”

I’d take it that CBS This Morning Saturday will relaunch the following week.

3 Likes

But why not relaunch this Saturday though?

1 Like

Every network is in dedicated coverage commemorating the 20th anniversary. Likely not appropriate to be celebrating the launch of a new show then.

6 Likes

Unsure, I guess all the resources aren’t ready just yet? :man_shrugging:t3: Or perhaps what @BrekkyTV said.

Also interesting to note when re-reading the aforementioned article about the alignment of ‘CBS Mornings’, ‘CBS This Morning Saturday’, and ‘Sunday Morning’:

“The three morning broadcasts will share a similar look and editorial breadth,” reads the announcement.

Could we see ‘Sunday Morning’ adopt the new revised sun graphic and perhaps the CBS Network-wide typeface for the logo? :thinking: They did update their social media banner to the same typeface in May, and somewhat similar colour palette:

I doubt they would do any more changes as that would be to jarring of a change for longtime viewers.

Edit: Scratch that, perhaps… The latest promo for tomorrow features the current bold typeface and sun. Not a bad thing though imo.

3 Likes

Why does the Saturday show remove the white/silver cladding from the desk and riser? (Looks much better like this though)

Is CBS Saturday Morning going to remain in Studio 57 or move to Times Square as well?

Judging by the preview when the weekday show was named CBS This Morning, CBS Saturday Morning will be at the Time Square studios, as well. It’s just that it’s not appropriate in the United States to make relaunches on 9/11, and that commemoration fell on a Saturday this year.

5 Likes

Then why didn’t they hold off the relaunch for one/two weeks? This just smacks of shoddy planning removing the “This Morning” brand only for it to pop up a week later then disappear again.

1 Like

In the US, the broadcast television season kicks off after the Labor Day holiday in the first week of September. The network morning shows aren’t airing normally this morning - GMA, Today and CTM were reduced in lieu of special reports from their respective news divisions. It would have been asinine to launch a new morning show today.

3 Likes

The title-card animation at the end looks new-ish? Also, those coffee mugs look dope. :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Looks like nothing much changed. Jane Pauley appears to be presenting from a green screen setup (from home maybe?) and the set still looks relatively the same (aka beige and boring but it’s visually a bit brighter).

I find it odd how they decided to stop using the blue/orange sunrise background a few years back in favour for the beige/yellow.

The original concept image by Jack Morton PDG in 2017 for current set (which replaced the original from 1979) was very lively and true to the original:

1 Like

That looks lightyears better. Whoever thought they should return to beige has rocks in their head after having this.

4 Likes