Capital Television On-Air Presentation 1991-95

I actually liked those ones oddly enough… For the big “onnnnn… WIN!!!”

2 Likes

it does sound a bit like that but tbh i think it’s fairly seamless. Sounds a lot better than some dodgy WIN promos I saw in Canberra circa 1992 where they would just cut “on Nine” from the end of the voiceover and not bother putting anything in its place. So a promo might end with something like “7.30 Tuesday…” with just the music track for the last second, and a WIN logo pasted over the 9 logo.

example, this promo for Cheers at 2:02 begins with “Thursday night, on Channel Nine…” and ends “8.30 Thursda…” with a WIN rectangle pasted at the end https://youtu.be/6Qr6fM7Y3RQ?si=zJXf-jWpfNr0lFjM&t=122 although other promos in this video at least have “on WIN” voiced at the end.

YouTube: @Zampakid

1 Like

Prime were still doing that well into the 2010s :grimacing:

It was always incredibly obvious when the preceding words had an upward inflection, clearly leading toward an “…on Seven”

2 Likes

My recollection was that Prime stopped using Seven voice over promos around 1995 or thereabouts and started voicing their own, using the Seven scripts.

1 Like

They did, but towards the end of the Prime branding they were take some promos direct and just chopping off the “on seven”.

2 Likes

I might be wrong but I think @blackbox might have worked on recreating these Prime promos back in the day.

1 Like

You are correct. When I first started in Dec ‘93 we used the audio base to cut off the seven tag and replace it with “on prime”. We had different takes from all the vo artists. It didn’t always work.

Eventually they employed a vo guy to start redoing the promos.

4 Likes