Broadcast Facilities

No, that’s still happening. Im talking about the Newsroom/sales/production department etc (HSV7). They have a lease up until 2025, but they could choose to move out sooner if need be.

4 Likes

As bad as the banks and telcos.

1 Like

The alterations and fitout of Levels 1 and 2 of the NPC Media building at 12 Rodborough Rd, Frenchs Forest were completed in March. If Seven isn’t being played out from there yet, I wonder what the delay is.

Occupation Certificate:
https://eservices.northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au/ePlanning/live/Public/XC.Track/SearchApplication.aspx?id=1636179

The project management company stating the upgrade is finished:
https://www.kickpm.com/npcmedia

4 Likes

In regards to Seven’s new play-out facility (which we’re unsure as to whether it’s operating for them yet or not), a number of their broadcast executive / management are actually from Sydney, based off detailed info on LinkedIn.

A few previouely worked at Epping, then went to Docklands and are apparently still at Docklands but may or may not return to Sydney.

Seven’s Head of Broadcast Operations Andrew Anderson being an exception originally from Melbourne (has been at the network since the early 1970s). Went to Sydney in the 1990s, back to Melbourne in early 2000s and now back to Sydney.

Interestingly Andrew’s location changed from “Melbourne” to “Sydney” a year or two ago before BCM’s closure was confirmed, psychic’s may have seen the writing on the wall then.

NB/ Not that I’m a LinkedIn stalker or anything :joy:

2 Likes

Taken from my hotel room in Adelaide.

In the orange building in the left of picture is Channel Nine.

In the orange building to the right is Nova 91.9

7 Likes

I wonder why Nova 91.9 hasn’t updated the signage to the new logo yet?

1 Like

Lazy… cost money and time.

3 Likes

exactly … the usual reason.

2 Likes

Given the election results, doesn’t look like SBS will be getting new Studios & Head Office in Western Sydney. Labor were promising so many million (can’t remember how many) to move the SBS head office & studios to Western Sydney, because that’s where the bulk of multicultural communities are.

I’ve heard nothing about SBS even wanting new studios or to move from Artarmon, so I’m not sure why the election funding promise?

Most of the multicultural people who would visit the studios or head office, could get there from Western Sydney anyway, & for everyone else, you don’t need it in your backyard, to watch or listen to SBS TV/Radio?

5 Likes

In the circle below looks to be the antenna array for the Adelaide Foothills repeaters at Grenfell St in the city.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if SBS in Sydney is moved to 700 Harris Street, Ultimo. The Coalition merging ABC and SBS is an obvious way of cutting more costs and slashing the budget further. The idea hasn’t been raised in a while but I expect it probably will be again.

5 Likes

That is indeed the Foothills translator :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, though I’m not sure if that one is for FM or digital TV (or both).

I couldn’t see any others on the roof, but also couldn’t get a look from the other side of it.

That’s just the FM translator you have captured. UHF antennas look different. Similar to a mobile phone tower.

2 Likes

The TV UHF transmitter is in your photo, but that’s not it.

3 Likes

Is this confirmed?

No, not at all. Has been mentioned in the past. I just raised it as a possibility.

So it is! :joy:

Channel 7 Adelaide

9 Likes

SEN 1629 / Crocmedia Adelaide

11 Likes