Broadcast Facilities

Yes I understand CTC actually had their studios and tower on Black Mountain at least until 1974 before moving to Watson. Their studios were converted into a visitor car park and I understand one of the posts which held their tower mast still exists next to the roadside leading to the Mountain.

4 Likes

I found these images on-line where it looks like guyed TV towers

Can also be glimpsed:

8 Likes

Where I understand CTC was located before the move to Watson.

This is where one of the guyed masts were held (in 2020)

6 Likes

Outside ABC Brisbane.

Some mature trees are being transported from a nursery to be planted at Southbank this morning.

6 Likes
3 Likes

This plan I found last year shows where the CTC and ABC studios and masts were on Black Mountain.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Think you will find ABC3 Canberra program always originated through/from ABC Northbourne Avenue. The original ABC3 transmitter on Black Mountain was just a PMG transmitting station only, not an ABC production facility.

2 Likes

Yes, you are correct.

1 Like

what?

Before 1975 the PMG (Postmaster-General’s Department) was responsible for the telephone system, the post office, and domestic telecommunications - including the ABC’s radio and television transmission network. In 1975 it was split into Australia Post, Telecom Australia (now Telstra), and a Postal and a Telecommunications department.

5 Likes

All female press pack.

5 Likes

Isn’t that a bad thing? Don’t we want 50/50 splits for everything? Nurses, Teaches, Media, Politicians, Engineers, Doctors?

1 Like

If you’re trying to troll, it’s a pretty bad effort. Or are you offended that a 1 in a million chance occurrence of an all female press conference has happened?

50/50 across industries, not at every single meeting or gathering.

The point is that all press packs were once all-male, now there is such gender diversity in the industry that occasionally there are all-female press packs (just as I’m sure there are occasionally all-male ones, and most would be a mixture somewhere in between!).

2 Likes

Not offended at all, just think it’s funny how we’ve gone from celebrating gender equality to celebrating all female press packs. Seems misandrist to me.

It wouldn’t be a good look for the government if a hospital ward had all male nurses and they publicised it/celebrated it. Think on it.

2 Likes

picture this… an all women TV station and News

There is one. Zan TV Afghanistan.

https://twitter.com/ZANTV?s=09

2 Likes

WOW!!! I wonder if there is more around the world?

1 Like

Only Mens Rights Activists use the term “misandrist”.

2 Likes