British Television

They should go for other content like I am Celeb UK and other local franchises that don’t have a platform in Australia

2 Likes

The show Benidorm (ITV?) isn’t on there, 9 seasons are on Prime Video and all seasons on 7Plus. Though Season 10 says it expires in 7 weeks so maybe then Prime will get the final season who knows…

Not Going Out (BBC?) isn’t on Stan, Netflix, Prime or Britbox. On Foxtel ?

2 Likes

According to Just Watch, Not Going Out is not available in Australia at all on any of the streaming services and it’s not available to buy.

However, some episodes are on YouTube and Dailymotion.

1 Like

I liked that show but it’s a shame it wasn’t ever given a fair chance in Australia. Seven first showed in a late night slot and then dumped it to 7two but never finished screening all eps.

I think it’s a show that could be successful here given half a chance.

2 Likes

I was surprised it’s still going. I remember it was cancelled in 2009 and in 2019 it was renewed for a further 3 seasons. I’m going to send a suggestion to Stan to see if they can try and get it .

2 Likes
1 Like

Australian networks should take note. They’ve cut local productions in recent years and rely so heavily on imports. They’ll be in big trouble in the future.

3 Likes

All Creatures Great and Small is currently streaming in Australia on BritBox.

Coronation Street 60th anniversary week aerial photographs

Look how far we’ve come…

ITV Studios Coronation Street has kicked off its Anniversary week by releasing two stunning bird’s-eye views of its present ‘home’ next to a photo of the studio it all started in sixty years ago this Wednesday (9th December).

Showing what is now ‘the biggest single television production site in the world’ - the 7.7 acre site in Trafford, MediaCityUK, is a TV phenomenon and home to the 400 plus people it takes to make a single episode of the nation’s favourite soap.

Now sixty years, 10190 episodes, sales to over 130 countries, tens of millions of viewers on - the programme’s home is an impressive site standing proudly in the shadow of the cities of its birth with the Salford and Manchester skylines, and Pennine hills beyond.

It’s also quite a home for a show where the original cast of just 12 were filmed in Studio 2 at Granada Television. Where one wooden set represented the street and the now infamous cobbles were painted onto the studio floor with actors pretending to ‘step up’ on to an imaginary kerb.

‘Corrie’ has been situated on the canalside at MediaCityUK since 2014. Further developments were completed in 2018 with the Victoria Street extension and another two studios, leading to a total of six dedicated studios for the programme.

5 Likes

“Unlikely to survive” is a bit of a stretch there.

Early seasons with Tim VINE were good but that show went downhill very quickly after he left

1 Like

Love Island Australia had over 19million hits on ITV Hub, the fifth most requested show on the site

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-hub-shows-deliver-record-breaking-performances-across-genres

2 Likes

A legend of graphic design, Martin Lambie-Nairn has died aged 75. His legacy includes work for the BBC, Channel 4, ITV franchisees Anglia and Carlton, and the series Spitting Image.

1 Like

one of the best in the industry, his work has inspired a bunch of my mocks. Gone but never forgotten.

2 Likes
1 Like

This year’s Britain’s Got Talent has been postponed due to escalating COVID-19 cases in the UK.

Some UK media outlets reported the show had been cancelled for this year which is incorrect.

The first series aired on the ABC on Thursday nights in August last year.

2 Likes