Bride & Prejudice: The Forbidden Weddings

Each episode seems to contain elements from all stories.

I agree. Probably the worst show I can remember for many years. The audience is treated with such contempt; expected to believe that what they are watching is anything more than a contrived act. I realise that there is some element of suspension of belief in reality TV but few shows set out so comprehensibly to deceive the viewer. I believe “insult to your intelligence” is the phrase I’m looking for.

Anyway, happy viewing to the millions who won’t take it as seriously as me and will watch anyway and lap it all up :).

3 Likes

For 9pm standards, it did just that. :slight_smile:

Nothing else on at 9pm.

I’m sucked into this show, that scene with chris and his parents was pretty intense, emotional and thought provoking.

1 Like

I was hoping this show would bomb in the ratings, oh well

Just saw a promo for this. Didn’t realise it had been renewed… :thinking:

2 Likes

Seven pulling out everything in the cupboard.

Same here! Saw some over the weekend, but more like ‘teasers’? It rated fairly well in Q1 but I too thought they gave it the flick, budgeting p?

So that seems like a positive move by Seven,

1 Like

What happens when a love story turns into tragedy?

You’ve found ‘the one’ and you’re ready to make a commitment but your family and friends are determined your relationship must end.

BRIDE AND PREJUDICE: THE FORBIDDEN WEDDINGS returns for its second season featuring six couples each desperate to marry the love of their life, but their families don’t approve.

mp4_000001160mp4_000005000

1 Like

What out Nine and Ten, Seven is releasing their big guns this month -NOT. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Returning Monday 29 October

:thinking:

Haha they’re literally giving Nine a free kick with FFF.

FFF would probably have an earlier time slot

Must be 7:30pm because Wanted double episode season finale airs at 9pm that night

I wonder what they will do with Emergency Call that is currently in the 7.30 timeslot for 29 October.

Saw an ad for this on 7 Plus on the Telstra TV and towards the end mentioned how the show is without the boring bits and flashed a picture of Nick Cummins. Didn’t know networks were allowed to do that …

That’s how they are advertising tonight’s Take Me Out too.They have a graphic of Nick Cummins with photo shopped tears streaming down his face with the voice over saying that unlike The Bachelor tonight’s show will have a result.

Pretty tasteless from Seven but then again this was a network that was so jealous of Big Brother’s success on Ten that they tried to kill it off by broadcasting tha turkey slap in full on Today Tonight.

2 Likes

No different to Ten having a go at Seven for ripping off Masterchef with MKR and saying things in promos like Ordinary People, Extraordinary Food.

1 Like

7 rip off everything! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Unless Nine beat them to it.

2 Likes

Touche.