Brands, Products and Promotions

Maybe I’ve been lucky, but I’ve had no trouble buying it at Coles.

From reading social media posts, it seems there’s a lot of people who haven’t had it before, and are getting caught up in he hype.

1 Like

Lexus has replaced Emirates as the naming sponsor of the Melbourne Cup. Lexus currently sponsors the Lexus Stakes (Hotham Handicap) on Derby Day.

I hope you haven’t ingested too many plastic parts @Bort.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/cadbury-resurrects-the-caramilk-chocolate-bar/news-story/3169ca5a990f4af8c12e585025f049bf

How kind of you to think of me!

Sent from my iHospitalBed

5 Likes

jesus I ate the whole block :face_vomiting:

This is probably one of the biggest food related PR disasters in quite a while. I think it’s been quite a while since a food product in extremely high demand ends up needing to be recalled…

3 Likes

It’s not all of them though. Just one batch.

Lukey*

1 Like

Some I know is going nuts over this caramilk. I will have to try it sometime, it sure sounds good :wink:

1 Like

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/coke-no-sugar-is-supposed-to-be-replacing-coke-zero-but-australians-arent-playing-along/news-story/554d56b24aa232767dd62a3f07dfb7b0

…the big problem Coke has — persuading fussy shoppers to forsake Zero in favour of No Sugar.

While in some overseas markets, Zero is no more, in Australia it’s stubbornly hanging on taking up far more shelf space than its successor.

Yet, come hell or high water, the company is under strict instructions from the US to ditch Zero.

Surely the transition to the reformulated product would’ve been smoother and caused less confusion had they used the “Coca-Cola Zero Sugar” name like they did in the USA when they tweaked the recipe and marketing.

1 Like

I think they’ve completely botched this up. They thought “Coke No Sugar” would be more attractive to customers than “Coke Zero” but I think they underestimated the value of the brand they had created.

I think “Coke Zero” was on equal footing with “Pepsi Max” with brand recognition in Australia.
“Coke No Sugar” just hasn’t cut through.

As long as they let me continue to order it, I will. Zero outsells No Sugar 5:1. They’re stupid for getting rid of it.

So many of their competitors have used Zero’s success on their own brands, too. Red Bull Zero, V Zero, Monster Zero, Rockstar Zero etc.

2 Likes

In America they also still have “Coke Life” which they rebranded here as “Coke Stevia” a couple of years ago.

I’ve noticed that in the last few weeks that this variety has almost completely disappeared from Coles and Woolworths, apart from a 1.25L bottle at Woolworths.

With customers also refusing to let go of “Coke Zero” for “Coke No Sugar”, it seems like the Coke brand is in all sorts of trouble.

I noticed some new products while ordering today. Pepsi 1893, Powerade Coconut Water with Pineapple, Cool Ridge Vitamin Water and a new Mother flavour which I couldn’t quite decipher. Have these hit the shelves yet?

I noticed in Woolworths yesterday that all the Coke lines were 20%, 33% or 40% off. If CCA can reduce the price that much they should reduce the prices permanently.

1 Like

pricing is an art as much as a science. when i studied marketing at uni one thing we talked about was pricing.

having a lower price might push sales but it might lower the perceived quality of the goods.

let me give you an example. it’s well known that if a customer is not as knowledgeable about a product they will equate price with quality.

Multiple examples exist, especially with wine. Multiple wine makers have found that by increasing price they increase sales (it’s also the same reason any uni will increase fees to the max allowed, so as not to be seen as a “cut price uni”)

now i know coke isn’t n the same boat as a uni or a wine maker but the same principals apply. coke wants to be seen as a higher tier drink based on pricing. fo loweer tier you have store brand at sub $1, than pepsi and than coke.

5 Likes

Some bullshit fairtrade/organic/nonsense product designed to appeal to inner city hipsters and arseholes. Has been going in America for TWO YEARS apparently!

I predict it’ll be on the ‘Reduced to Clear’ shelf for 10 cents within 6 months from now.

Probably laced with sugar like that more famous Vitamin Water…

Was it a yellow can? I saw a new yellow Tropical flavour at Woolies in Double Bay today.

4 Likes

The name of that article is everything I hate about Wikipedia.

It’s based on the no sugar Cool Ridge waters but I asked the Rep to see the full nutritional information and an ingredients list, still waiting to hear back…