Brands, Products and Promotions

So did the factory location provide any additional nutrition?

1 Like

In butter? :thinking:

2 Likes

CCA is starting to faze out COKE Zero. They’ll stay in 1.25l and 24pks for a while, with the 4pk glasses, 8pk mini cans and 10pk cans being the first to go.

1 Like

I feel this is a bad marketing move.

Coke Zero sales are still huge and Coke No Sugar sales are tiny in comparison.

1 Like

Surprised they’re still doing these.
Without fail every limited edition version that gets produced by this collab ends up getting cleared out for next to nothing by places like NQR which would indicate they never sell as many as they expect.

At least these flavours aren’t fruity like the most recent limited editions.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Supermarkets and Retail

Cadbury have released Caramilk chocolate blocks in Australia. It was released last year in New Zealand.

It’s a caramelised white chocolate. First released here in the early to mid 90s from memory.

1 Like

It seemed to be part of the regular range for a long time.

I thought it was around earlier than the 90s so googled it. An interesting thing I discovered is that the Caramilk name is used in other countries for what we call Caramello.

It may well have been, but I only recalled it being out for a relatively short time. I think the closest equivalent I’ve found overseas is Caramac.

I can also remember a Strawberry/White combo block which looked fluorescent pink. :laughing:

There may have even been peppermint and orange versions too.

Triple decker? I only remembered the strawberry one but google tells me that there were mint and caramel variants too

Actually, I think they may have had strawberries and Dream?

That looks yucky! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would have blocked something like that out of my memory. The ones I’m thinking of might have even predated Dream.

I thought it was a straight rebrand. It may as well be! I’ve drunk both and couldn’t taste any different.

1 Like

Apparently it’s sold out everywhere and is being sold on eBay for big bucks.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/cadbury-caramilk-bars-are-so-hard-to-find-theyre-being-sold-on-ebay-for-10-times-the-retail-price/news-story/071da389462627acf9c239e7f090ec06

Lucky me, I picked a block up on the day of its release at Matraville Woolworths. It was the only one sitting on the shelf, carelessly lumped in with the Dream blocks.

Maybe I’ve been lucky, but I’ve had no trouble buying it at Coles.

From reading social media posts, it seems there’s a lot of people who haven’t had it before, and are getting caught up in he hype.

1 Like

Lexus has replaced Emirates as the naming sponsor of the Melbourne Cup. Lexus currently sponsors the Lexus Stakes (Hotham Handicap) on Derby Day.

I hope you haven’t ingested too many plastic parts @Bort.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/cadbury-resurrects-the-caramilk-chocolate-bar/news-story/3169ca5a990f4af8c12e585025f049bf

How kind of you to think of me!

Sent from my iHospitalBed

5 Likes

jesus I ate the whole block :face_vomiting:

This is probably one of the biggest food related PR disasters in quite a while. I think it’s been quite a while since a food product in extremely high demand ends up needing to be recalled…