Brands, Products and Promotions

I miss the days when you could get Merysendol over the counter. That did the trick for me.

1 Like

I notice that the Victorian Government has been advertising its COVID-19 testing at AFL matches interstate since the 2021 season began, such as this one at the SCG last night:

Untitled

Shouldn’t it be the job of other state governments (in this case NSW) to encourage people to get tested for COVID locally?

I can see why they’ve brought ad space at AFL grounds, given most of the audience is going to be Victorians (especially losing Bombers supporters, sucked in! :wink: ) so they’ll be well placed to see it.

But yes, maybe the NSW government should have brought some space as well to promote their COVID-related initiatives?

Oh wait, we’re in NSW, we’re far too busy employing fuckwits and being stupid and corrupt to think of doing stuff like that. :rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t get why the states and the feds can’t agree on standardised messaging on this so ads like this have a national focus? This message is just as applicable in NSW or WA then it is in Victoria.

I get that you’re keen to bag out your employer (and probably run close to the wind on your employer’s social media policy) - but tone it down, we dont need the language, consider this a warning.

5 Likes

Why would NSW pay to advertise during an AFL match that very few people in NSW are watching? Seems like a waste.

There would have been plenty of “COVID safe” signs/check ins etc around the venue for the people attending I am sure.

1 Like

Commonwealth Bank has replaced Westfield as the naming partner of Australian women’s soccer team. The deal also sees CBA become an official partner and bank of the Socceroos.
However, Football Australia CEO James Johnson says that his organization will continue to work with Westfield, who has been a major partner over the past 13 years.

1 Like

Westfield?

That’s them.

Cadbury has released a new Caramilk favour.

4 Likes

American financial giant Citigroup has revealed it will sell its Australian retail banking business to concentrate on investment banking, capital markets and business banking. It will also exit consumer banking in 12 countries across Asia and parts of Europe, but will still operate “Wealth Centres” in Singapore and Hong Kong.

The announcement was made during the company’s first quarter results last night Australian time.

https://www.citigroup.com/australia/news/2021/210415a.htm

3 Likes

I was with Citibank for a bit. Wasn’t too great. Its online banking interface was super out of date.

1 Like
2 Likes

So no more Citibank, pretty much anywhere except the USA.
I guess Citigroup is fully turning into a shares/stocks trading business, moving away from real (retail) banking.

If I recall correctly QANTAS’ own MasterCard credit cards (as opposed to other financial institutions Frequent Flyer partner ones) is run by Citibank, so I wonder what (if any) impact there may be on those.

1 Like

CCA shareholders overwhelmingly approved the takeover bid.

So will Coke still be made here in Australia or imported from Europe?

Coke will still be made in Australia.

1 Like

The only thing I’d suggest we would see is national consolidation of the 4 CCA plants across Australia, the shipping costs would be far too high to import beverages from Europe.

4 Likes

Lion and former Newcastle NRL stars, including Andrew and Matthew Johns, have launched a new brewery called Steel City.

i would sugest that importing coke would be a “new coke” style fiasco. the taste of coke is different enough people would complain

1 Like

It appears the beer is currently made elsewhere, but should be brewed in Newcastle soon.