Bluey

1 Like

On The Project tonight, Rove McManus revealed he will be returning in the 28 minute special, The Sign, to voice his character, real estate agent Bucky Dunstan.

Bucky last appeared in an episode called Dragon.

Megan Washington, who voices Calypso in the episode The Sign, will conduct a Q&A on the Bluey Tiktok channel at 8am AEST this Tuesday, April 16. She will also perform live Lazarus Drug (from her 2020 album Batflower - it was featured at the end of the episode) during the Q&A section.

EDIT: review of this morning’s episode

Bluey creator Joe Brumm said he was influenced by UK comedy Gavin and Stacey, in an interview with The Guardian.

A lot of guests in the extended The Sign episode.

Returnees were Rove MacManus, Rose Byrne, Patrick Brammall, Sam Simmons, Megan Washington. New guests included Joel Edgerton, Deborah Mailman, Brendan Williams and Jazz D’Arcy.

The 28 minute Bluey episode posed a phenomenal record VPM audience to the end of the week of 2,308,000. That consisted of 65,787,000 minutes streamed on iView. And the number will continued to climb.

That adds to the +2 million Total TV audience last Sunday

1 Like

There is another new episode Surprise! available. It aired on ABC Kids this morning and uploaded to iView afterwards.

Note: The Sign is listed on iView as a special, separate from the regular Bluey episodes catalogue.

1 Like

I had to watch it on iView because the ABC didn’t label The Sign as a regular Bluey episode, so Fetch didn’t record it as part of the Series Recording. A bit strange.

1 Like

Surprise! features a brief flashforward to the future. :open_mouth: Guest voices are Geraldine Hakewell and Kurt Fearnley.

Did the ABC muck up the TV broadcast this morning? My Fetch did not record the latest episode Surprise!. Checked the EPG and the two episodes this morning were repeats of Ghostbasket and Barky Boats. The repeat this afternoon is Ghostbasket again. I watched Surprise! on iView.

It was done intentionally to keep the episode a surprise.

I finally read that article in The Guardian and realise what they did. So, they screened the episode in that timeslot but listed it in the guides as the same episode they showed two weeks ago.

I understand that they wanted it to be a surprise to viewers that they dropped a new episode by stealth, but this was just stupid. Only the viewers who watch live every single day would have caught it. Who hides their product when you’re trying to promote it?

Because they listed it incorrectly in the EPG, recording devices would have failed to record it. As a result, many, if not most viewers would have just missed out on seeing this ep. Epic fail.

1 Like

Australia House in London has been renamed Bluey House - recognising Bluey’s cultural impact around the world. | @10NewsFirst pic.twitter.com/FkkFsoW5tk

— Johnpaul Gonzo (@JohnpaulGonzo) April 21, 2024

3 Likes

The show is absolutely massive around the globe! Too bad ABC makes no money off it.

BBC Studios makes all the money from selling the show and merch.

Worst TV blunder in a decade selling the rights to BBC

2 Likes

They did announce on socials that there is a new surprise episode but I doubt people would of been looking at Bluey social media that early in the morning

1 Like

So it was a surprise for the kids watching on linear and all the kids/their parents who put the show on for them can catch up on iview.

1 Like

From Daley Pearson

https://x.com/daley_pearson/status/1782725260359700779?s=46&t=RPKXX3QJ5bwM_6c5rMb0SA

2 Likes

“Surprise!” was repeated Friday night 7.17pm and this time the episode was correctly labelled on the EPG so recorders would have picked it up.

The Late Show opener :smile:

2 Likes