Binge

FOXTEL’s core competency!

I don’t understand why FOXTEL can’t get this right. Take all the non-sport content you have rights to, build quality apps and websites, price it well ($10-15 a month for everything in HD and 4K), stop trying to protect the legacy old school linear cable/satellite service, and promote the shit out of it.

1 Like

Surely they have gone for a similar setup to Kayo

I’m surprised they haven’t given they’ve done deals with all the major online bookies to get members access

1 Like

What about all the documentary content from discovery and viacomCBS stuff they just signed up to new deals? Is it just going to be purely drama and movies.

we’ll know for sure by the end of the week

So is may 25 the date they announce it - the name and price and details…

or is may 25 the day it actually becomes operational…

or the day people can sign up?

Disney in The US has just announced their bundle:

Disney +
ESPN
Hulu (with ads)

For A$21.50

2 Likes

very excited, binge is coming soon.

There is an event on Friday that is likely to announce the details, with the service being available on Monday

1 Like

Helps that you own a hell of a lot of the content that backs these services (that you also operate) and you have a market the size of the US (ESPN+ already has 7.5m subscribers, Hulu (without FTA streaming) 30m)

ESPN+ is interesting - its a service that is designed to compliment the ESPN linear channels, it has limited live sport coverage (and none of their high value sports). It will be interesting to see if use Hulu as the vehicle to deliver the content that Disney own that they aren’t putting on Disney+ (like a large portion of what they acquired from 21CF)

That is a great price.

Would be great to see

Binge Basic entry level $10
Binge Multiple screens $15
Binge + Kayo $30

3 Likes

That bundle has existed since Disney+ launched

1 Like

I wonder what time this announcement will be?

Mediaweek is saying the announcement is now on Saturday

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/morning-report-archive/mediaweek-morning-report-may-22-2020/

Apparently at midnight according to TV Tonight.

Strange time to create any buzz? Wonder what the strategy is there, quiet launch since it’s going ahead earlier than planned?

Media event is today with a Media embargo until midnight tonight.

What is the strategy here? Keeping everyone in the dark till the absolute last minute?

I think the strategy is a blanket promotion through News Corp papers (including The Australian) this weekend as many people only buy newspapers on Saturdays and/or Sundays.

1 Like

I haven’t bought a paper for a couple of years, but I’ll look at The Australian website at Midnight.