Big Brother

Probably. I reckon Big Brother will be shown on Mondays to Wednesdays, leaving The Voice on Sundays.

1 Like

I’m torn. Between the nostalgia and the complete and utter shit of the current incarnation. What to do, what to do??

4 Likes

I don’t see how they can make Reggie take part in the Survivor type challenges when shes legally blind?

3 Likes

I can’t do it after the last season

1 Like

Hello Australia

In 2022, Big Brother is exploding onto screens with an event 21 years in the making. You’ll never guess who’s turning up.

Some of Australia’s most-loved and memorable housemates in Big Brother history are returning to prove they are the greatest of all time, facing off against a new generation of players hungry to make their mark and take home victory. Whether they’ve played before or not, the housemates are about to discover Big Brother has a brand-new, bigger-than-ever game.

It’s been 21 years since Big Brother launched in Australia and to honour this momentous milestone, 2022 is going to deliver a massive celebration every step of the way.

New and returning housemates will laugh, cry, argue, share secrets and even fall in love; all while navigating Big Brother’s unpredictable game.

A total of 21 housemates, ranging in age from 22-52, will enter the house throughout the season with the aim of surviving every eviction and living together for 62 days. They’ll be cut off from the outside world in a custom-built house fitted with cameras and microphones recording their every move for 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

The first night will see 11 new and exciting housemates enter the house, along with four housemates deemed Big Brother royalty.

After the dust settles on night one, more royalty will enter Big Brother’s house through a secret door.

With toe-curling panic room tasks, fabulous dinner parties, twisted punishments, agonising challenges and plenty of Big Brother bombshells, avoiding eviction will require wit, determination, stamina and a bulletproof strategy.

Host Sonia Kruger will be there every step of the way to question strategies and pick apart motives.

Ultimately three housemates will be left standing and, in a live Grand Final television event, Australia will vote to determine who deserves to win the $250,000 prize.

Will a returning housemate be able to survive all the way to the end? Or will a first-time housemate pave the way for a new look Big Brother winner?

Big Brother is produced by Endemol Shine Australia for the Seven Network.

What’s new

Head of House (HOH) vote

Each week the housemates will vote for one person to hold unprecedented power in the game. HOH will be safe from eviction all week. They will also have exclusive access to the HOH Suite with two friends of their choice. The housemates cannot be HOH two weeks running, but they can be HOH multiple times.

Head of House power twist

The HOH will be granted a unique and strategic power during the week, to influence the game and the nominations.

Second chance challenges

For the first time on Big Brother , the nominated housemates will have a chance to save themselves by competing in a physical challenge in the lead-up to the final eviction each week. These nail-biting challenges will require courage, strength and smarts to conquer, as the nominees battle it out with absolute desperation and determination.

Themed weeks

Housemates will be confronted with a new set of challenges and surprises every week including Battle Week, Party Week, Hacked Week, and Temptation Week. No week is like the other, meaning the housemates won’t know what’s hit them.

What’s back

HOUSE NOMINATIONS

Once a week the housemates will have the power to nominate who they want to be up for eviction.

SECRET MISSIONS

Housemates may be asked by Big Brother to sabotage tasks and take part in secret missions of his choosing, starting from day one.

NOMINATIONS CHALLENGES

These large-scale challenges return with exciting new gameplay. All housemates will compete, and not only will the winner be safe from eviction, they’ll be the only one with the power to nominate three fellow housemates. The losers get nothing.

New Housemates

Big Brother Royalty

4 Likes

So 11 regulars and 8 Royalty? Me thinks 3 royal intruders thought the series.

I’m surprised they didn’t get anyone from their own 3 series they have produced.

This week’s issue of New Idea has more details on the BB house, including parts that were not open to the public during the recent Sydney Royal Easter Show.

Dont count out Danny being brought back

It looks more like a set than a house

Seeing Sara Marie, Merlin, Fitzy and Ben/Blair are in the promos I assume at least some of them may be returning.

There are 21 housemates in total so 2 intruders. Rumour is they are Sara Marie and Merlin.

2 Likes

Well he is apparently the best player to ever play big brother

Merlin would be great. He was treated so horribly on the show.

1 Like

What’s with the random channel 7 logo?

Do you mean in the lounge room pic? That looks like the large screen in that room to me, surely it won’t show the logo during filming, it was likely just there for the promo photos.

It was there for press and the walkthrough.

1 Like