Big Brother

They should come back next year with same format but make it live. Housemates vote to evict, public votes to save.

If the person with the highest eviction vote has the highest vote to save, they stay. Otherwise, they’re out.

Could make for interesting times

5 Likes

Or the public can vote to save one housemate from eviction , leaving the other two nominees to fight it out amongst themselves.

1 Like

Who funnily enough was a “task producer” in the Ten era. So she was part of the team who did the daily tasks. No wonder why the whole series revolves around it lol

1 Like

Yes please.

3 Likes

Not sure about tonight’s episode, far too much strategy talk, from start to finish. Only got a glimpse of normal interaction between chad, Sophie and Sarah.

2 Likes

TONIGHT – Angela emerged from the Bunker, but she didn’t let on she’d been spying on the Housemates or that Garth had paid her a visit. In a heartwarming moment, Housemates received and read out letters from their loved ones, revealing their softer sides. With the game in the balance, Zoe pulled off yet another challenge win and set in motion Daniel’s high-risk plan to remove a major threat by using himself as bait. The strategy worked and Garth was evicted, dropping a final truth bomb as he exited the house!

REWARD

Italian feast to celebrate Angela’s return to the house, plus letters from home.

NOMINATION CHALLENGE

Pull Ups – Housemates raced to stack five wooden blocks at one end of a narrow track along which runs a lengthy piece of ribbon. They had to use the ribbon to pull the blocks back towards them without them toppling over, otherwise they’d have to start again. The first person to hit their coloured line won the power to nominate three Housemates for eviction.

CHALLENGE WINNER

Zoe

NOMINATED FOR EVICTION / NUMBER OF VOTES

NOMINEES VOTES
GARTH 12
DANIEL 1
SHANE 0

EVICTED HOUSEMATE

Garth Saville, Sydney – “Tensions are high in the Big Brother house. I was this over the top, force to be reckoned with and I think a lot of people were really, really threatened by it. Angela and I had a little pact after meeting each other in the secret bunker. She said she was going to support me. It really does punch you in the guts. Things change very quickly. There’s going to be a lot of blindsidings. I played with great humour and I played tough. If that’s what got me out, then that’s what got me out. I wouldn’t take it back.”

TUESDAY 7.30PM… AN ALPHAS UPSET!

Housemates indulge in some good clean fun but there’s a storm coming with even the strongest players on shaky ground.

Would the cost be much more for Seven to have it live? I’m a Celeb is what… 24hrs beforehand? … can you imagine Ten announcing that I’m a Celeb in 2021 will be pre recorded several months earlier?

no, keep the format the same but have the housemates on 4x
Sun to Wednesday !

1 Like

I agree, keep the format as it is. The fast paced version is sooooo much better. I really don’t see the benefits of going LIVE? I much prefer this narrative-driven Survivor-like style the producers are going for.

1 Like

The only benefit with the live elements is it allows the viewing public to be involved with the show.

I’m with you you, I prefer this version with a live ending.

1 Like

But who cares who wins this version when you dont get the chance to connect with the housemates at all as they hardly show any normal interactions. That is not what BB is about. We have barely found out anything about the housemates apart from what’s been in the promos. And the public are supposed to award someone 250k based on that?

This pre recorded format is alright for 1 season but I dont see it sustaining its ratings in future seasons given how repetitive it is.

5 Likes

I noticed that Xavier was trending last night, as viewers were commenting that Monday was the first time they had heard him speak more than a couple of words. Shane also got his first close up and even a package last night, but the reaction from fans was Shane who?

5 Likes

I kept calling him Shannon.

I didn’t realise until someone pointed it out to me, but despite all her scheming to get rid of Daniel, Angela actually voted for Garth. Seeing that Daniel only got one vote and Shane got none, it’s fair to presume that Garth didn’t vote for himself, therefore he was the one vote for Daniel. I just don’t understand why we saw Angela carry on so much about why everyone needed to vote for Daniel then have her do the opposite.

thats standard gameplay in Survivor; if you cant get the numbers, even being one short, you jump off the sinking ship at the last minute to avoid unnecessarily burning a bridge or putting a target on your back with someone you need to live with.
I’d say Sarah wasn’t convinced to vote Dan, she seems to have a particular problem with garth, so they all changed.

Dan’s ego is going to go thru the roof.

2 Likes

Even had that’s footage of Chad and someone, who had a private discussion that they need to rid of cool kids on the block, Dan and Co.

Chat and Sophie (?) prob need to plot against Dan and Matt. They can prob fly under the radar and get away with it.

250k at stake I would want Dan out way way too competitive.

1 Like

This is the biggest problem with the new format - the public will ultimately be asked to vote for a winner based on housemate ‘arcs’ shaped/manipulated by the producers.

4 Likes

Sometimes I think that producers also prompt to get replies that suite a narrative. Then leave out any responses that don’t fit so as to manufacture tension. So it can be hard to know what ‘players’ are really thinking.

1 Like

Last night’s episode the actually showed them interacting like regular ordinary people on the bed for like 2 mins .

Is BB USA similar to what we are getting here in Australia? I mean apart from it being pre recorded here…

2 mins isn’t enough of that. We know nothing of these peoples lives. We used to hear all about their jobs, families, hobbies, relationships, life stories and everything there was to know about them. We used to get a sense of what it was like to live with each housemate. The fly on the wall part of the show is dead and this season is as tightly edited as any other reality show.

3 Likes