Big Brother

It was actually Kyle and Jackie O that killed it. Then it just never recovered. I didn’t mind the seasons with Tully and Tahan or Cat and Lawson was just the format that was shit.

2 Likes

Fanboyism corrupts the mind.

1 Like

Very good teaser campaign that year though. The “I don’t think so” ads with the Kelis track were perfection in my mind.

6 Likes

Look not a fan of 7 bring back Big Brother in the first place. But are people really surprised they pick Sonia as host? Seriously? Of course she would be the host if they were having one. Its a given. Again its a tired format. Would have preferred 7 taken a risk and went with Sonia hosting The Circle.

1 Like

Fair enough.

1 Like

But if that’s the case then why would they pull her out of Mini golf to host BB now, when you posted that, she wasn’t even confirmed to move to Seven?

The decision for her to host seems to be a recent decision not one that was planned in November. Otherwise they wouldn’t have announced her to host MMG when they could of just stayed quiet.

No one from any website can claim they knew this would happen, if they do they are bluffing. It’s been a quick decision that was made. The promo even shows that. They are using still photos.

A Channel Seven spokesperson said: “ Big Brother has spoken and Sonia Kruger will helm the new game. Channel Seven is very excited to have Sonia on board for a thrilling new era of Big Brother . Sonia’s Big Brother filming commitments mean she’s no longer able to host Mega Mini Golf . Seven will soon reveal the all-star cast who’ll be teeing off on the epic new competition series“

2 Likes

Still love this campaign.

8 Likes

i think this is sevens desperate attempt to try and make people watch it . they have read the posts saying it will flop and gone into panic mode and make sonia the host and i am thinking the reason why is she hosted it before and 7 thinks people will reasonate with her

2 Likes

The announcement seems to have gone largely unnoticed on social media. Not a good sign for the show and for tonight’s MKR numbers.

Sonia no longer hosting Mega Mini Golf

that could also be said with 9 with mafs

Yep as I mentioned above, her hosting seems to be a quick and reactive decision. Looks stupid to make a big fuss about her hosting MMG and then to reverse that

1 Like

Cool. Thanks

and shes young enough and to try and bring the target demographics of 7 which is the younger generation. and soinia being on mini golf wasnt going do that . they are tring tobring all the big guns to make sure this rates

Ahh yes, I think there was a shorter version in that promotional campaign which used that snippet of John Howard saying “I wish Channel Ten would do some self-regulation and get this stupid program off the air” (or words to that effect) during Turkeygate '06!

1 Like

Cheap looking promo.

We’ve been given some pretty solid promos recently, Survivor, Celeb, MAFS. Then this piece of shit job from 7

2 Likes

i do belive in the next few years some govt will change the rules and make reality tv shows tlike this and mafs the thing of past. if john howard changed censor ship rules thanks to b ig brother then it shows a govt can do anything

5 Likes

Sonia Krugar’s Big Brother: Another flop for Channel Seven this year.

Sorry Seven, no one wants this show. So why persist with it?

2 Likes

I don’t think John Howard did/acheived anything which changed the broadcasting rules, especially since (if I’m not mistaken) that Big Brother turkey slapping incident wasn’t actually shown on TV but only the livestreaming.

Mind you, with the federal government we currently have and Seven’s (largely false IMO) reputation of being a family friendly network it’s almost certain that BB2020 will be extremely tame compared to previous Channel Ten seasons.

2 Likes