Between Two Worlds

Episode 3 is next Sunday now at 10pm

1 Like

At the sexy new time

1 Like

It’s like when an embattled coach/manager of a sports team has the “full confidence” of the board - the confidence exists until it doesn’t. In this case, 7 had faith in the drama until it turned up to be a ratings flop

1 Like

It’s a shame that it has been bumped to 10pm. But i dont blame Seven for doing it, as the ratings werent that great. Probably the wrong night in the first place.

Should have held on to 2021.

1 Like

Further to the show’s later timeslot next Sunday, the following Sundays will see the show play out in double episode from 9:30pm

Sunday 16 August
09:30pm Episode 4
10:30 pm Episode 5

Sunday 23 August
09:30pm Episode 6
10:30 pm Episode 7

Unfortunate that it failed, but ultimately, it just wasn’t good enough to hold people’s attention in the current world of such great quality dramas on streaming services

1 Like

A 9.30pm start is better than a 10.30pm start and avoids clashing with reality shows on Nine and 10 which often finish sometime after 9pm. I can also tolerate double episodes.

1 Like

Looking forward to the remaining episodes, most of all to see what else the ICC can be repurposed as.

Now we know it will follow another Seven News Spotlight special on the night.

Agree. It was the same with Secret Bridesmaids Business. Highly anticipated, big promotion, it was a great drama I thought… but it still failed.
Don’t think Aussies are looking to FTA for drama when it’s freely available for steaming elsewhere, any time.
7 are on the right track really promoting drama on 7+

That show was a step up from this though.

At the end of the day this show isn’t what it was promoted to be. It’s average.

With the introduction of Seven News Spotlight, BTW has been bumped to 9:45 but no longer with double episodes.

Sunday 16 August
09:45pm Episode 4

Sunday 23 August
09:45pm Episode 5

2 Likes

7 needs to put all episodes on 7+ and be done with it. Maybe Foxtel needs to take it over and make it a success like they did with A Place to Call Home.

Difference is a place to call home was successful on 7.

2 Likes

Maybe it should have gone on 7+ to begin with

Surely the network knew it was not up to par

Plenty of average stuff is binged on streamers

That could have done a huge push as an original drama on 7+

3 Likes

The Sunday Telegraph reports Andrew McFarlane, whose character Gareth died in the first episode, conceded his acting wasn’t very good responding to a Facebook comment. Daniel Mark wrote:

I wish I didn’t have to declare it as a terrible show. But it is a terrible show. The performances are bad, the script is worse. Avoid if you can…#betweentwoworlds

McFarlane replied:

Gulp! I have to admit when I saw the first episode I thought I’d never acted so badly in my life! I didn’t feel so bad when we filmed it … usually you can tell if it’s not very good … but watching it, I just sank into the couch with embarrassment.

1 Like

So why the hell was there so much positive talk about this show in the industry beforehand?

Because it was created by Bevan Lee who had so much success with past works over the past four decades.

4 Likes

Even though it aired after 10pm, Seven still made a “next” promo

(There was no promo for “Liar” though, there had been a “next” one the past two weeks, it now airs after 11pm).