Best on-air presentation

From 1968, an early use of the MacArthur Park tune by ATV-0.

2 Likes

Favourite Channel Nine Idents:

1. The 7 Colour Day Ident (Sep 1 2002 - August 28 2004)
  2. The 7 Color Day Ident (Aug 29 2004 - late January 2006)
  3. The 2012-15 look (blue, green, yellow, red, orange, purple and maroon (QLD only for #Origin Series)
  4. The 2001-02 Still the One Ident
  5. The Millenium Television Ident (Feb 1999 - Dec 2000)
  6. The 2016-look
2 Likes

QTQ9’s 25th Birthday Celebration ID from 1984.

Watch this space, it’s where the party’s on.
A silver anniversary, twelve months long.
Watching brilliant entertainment, brilliant entertainment!
Nine, Nine, our year to shine!

Join the party, here on Nine!
Have a great time here on Nine!
Brisbane party, here on Nine!
Anniversary time, our year to shine.
Join the Party, Channel Nine!

1 Like

These were ratings flops which didn’t took off. My Restaurant Rules was the precursor to My Kitchen Rules with the latter show enjoying good ratings to start the ratings year since 2010.

2 Likes

A 1990 Promo for SKY Channel. courtesy of donkeyshines.

Both the Toowoomba and Warwick versions of the DDQ 10-4-5A “Hello” promos.
I actually enjoyed this jingle, although the singing is a bit… let’s just say out of tune, at some parts.

2 Likes

Some of my favourites are the 2009-2014 GO! presentations, the 2011-2012 Eleven presentation and the 2012-2015 Nine presentation due to my nostalgic connections with them.

2 Likes

I do like Nine’s 2002-06 look as well as 10’s current on-air presentation which launched on 31 October last year

3 Likes

Favourite ones:
Nine: 7-Coloured day idents: 1 September 2002- 28 January 2006. The days of the week symbolises which colours they match. Sunday (Red), Monday (Blue), Tuesday (Purple), Wednesday (Orange), Thursday (Aqua Blue), Friday (green), Saturday (yellow).
10: 31 October 2018-present. Good use of colour during on air presentation.
Seven: Australia’s Favourite 2016-present. Nice use of colours during sponsor billboard.

2 Likes

We already have a thread for that! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh crap, totally forgot! :laughing:

Anyways, what is everyone’s favourite news graphics?

1 Like

This series from the ABC was so creative. Haven’t come close to doing anything better.

Really? I didn’t like those at all.

I thought the ones ftom 1988-1994 were great:

9 Likes

Yes I’d say the early 90s ABC idents would be up there. So many memories of that tune on VCR.

2 Likes

Nine News: 2006-2008, Jan-Oct2008, 2012-2016
Seven News: 2011-2016
Ten News: 2000-2005
ABC News: 2010-2017

2 Likes

Favourite idents ranked:

1. Nine 2002-04 - see posts above. Probably the most timeless TV presentation. A very modern take on Nine’s Still the One era but absolutely confident in what the network stood for. Familiarity. Confidence. Star power. Wasnt only brilliant in subconsciously reinforcing the schedule through the daily colours, but longer idents linked the talent to Nine. Friends was blue, Monday was blue, you see a generic blue Nine ident before the news, then “shit Friends is on tonight.”
  2. ABC late 80s to early 90s. Timeless idents IMO and I think a big inspiration for the current, albeit understated, set.
  3. Nine 1996 - I love the orchestral theme to this. Really really ATTENTION GRABBING. Just a simple, no frills but downright self-confident ident that told you: “listen here, you’re watching Nine, you’re going to watch the show about to start and you’re going to like it.”
    https://youtu.be/G5UzciMYp44
  4. Nine 2001-02
  5. ABC - There’s More to Television.
7 Likes

Here you had my dumbass searching all over the internet for 30 minutes for idents that included this line of dialogue, it then occurred to me… :rofl:

2 Likes

Favourite regional-only presentation?

For me, Prime 2004.

6 Likes

I don’t think I can call it ‘favourite’ because of how bad it is, but given the memories stuck with me despite only seeing it once or twice as a kid while on holiday in regional areas,

3 Likes

Sky1 in the UK back in 1997 had the best presentation IMO