beIN Sports

Sound like my kind of people lol

2 Likes

Bein have now got rights to show 4 French Top 14 rugby union games per week.
It hasn’t been easily available since Eurosport finished up here - I think it’s been on French language TV.

2 Likes

Loser people that follow loser teams? :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Really, get F***** Foxtel.

Screwing over tennis fans there completely

4 Likes

That’s going to cause a lot of outrage.

3 Likes

That’s bad news for sports fans because BeIN Sports carries ATP and WTA tournaments (except Grand Slams) and Davis Cup and Billie Jean King Cup, as well as several European soccer competitions and Rugby Sevens World Series. Unless Foxtel, Optus, Stan or P+ buy the rights, Australian viewers will lose a legitimate way of watching these sporting events live.

Is BeIN staying on Fetch?

3 Likes

Probably not surprising BeIn is leaving. Their entry into this region was on the hope they’d get EPL rights about 7 years ago but they failed to do so and only nabbed NZ.

Guessing they might have made a play for the last round but with Optus getting them again it probably makes sense to exit given they lack a big ticket item.

3 Likes

Foxtel decided not to renew…

3 Likes

No indication yet, hard to see they’ll stick around in their current formation without Foxtel though

1 Like

I can see Optus and Stan picking up the rights for Serie A, Bundesliga etc

2 Likes

BEIN have WTA rights till 2026.

And Foxtel and BEIN only renewed their partnership two years ago, stating it was a multi-year deal.

What a shambles.

3 Likes

I think Stan will be interested in ATP and WTA tours (at least for the second half of 2023) to add to its existing rights to the Grand Slams, and Rugby Sevens World Series to bolster its rugby union line-up.

5 Likes

Well this also makes sense, given their product isn’t overly compelling for an add-on.

2 Likes

Not to you, maybe

3 Likes

No, I quite like those sports but their roster was sports played largely out of timezones helpful for Australia and weren’t big ticket.

5 Likes

I have a feeling OnAir might’ve been hinting at this, for example:

Sort of pivotal. Nine-Stan having that lucrative (including domestic summer) packages now, wouldn’t be surprising at all yes if they now pounce on any of the rest.

1 Like

Which is why this annoys me so much, being able to record on Foxtel satelite makes life so much easier.

I don’t know if anyone else will be able to pick the rights with BEIN have WTA rights till 2026 and not sure how long they have the ATP rights for.

Either they’ll keep Be-In Connect or whatever going or sublicence to anyone who wants to pay.

1 Like

Foxtel come out with that line a lot of times, with actually never telling the market how long that time frame is.

Remember they are having the same discussions with WB at the moment, after they signed a “multi-year deal”

:thinking:

2 Likes