Beijing Winter Olympics Coverage

What’s with this image? So wrong on many different levels.

Like what?

Why the hand on the shoulder and the foot kicking up ? It’s like a couple’s photoshoot. No social distancing? Why is the woman resting her hands on the man- almost submissive.
Maybe it’s just me.

1 Like

It is in WA. They are in a world of their own

4 Likes

Indeed we are😃

4 Likes

With competition beginning tonight, it’s worth raising the Olympics News Access Rules (NAR) since it’ll limit/restrict how non-rightsholders will be able to cover the Beijing Winter Olympics. The rules are identical to the ones which were in effect for last year’s Tokyo Olympics. As such, there’s no need to update the broad outline I posted last year about how the NAR works:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Picture quality in front of the green screen is terrible.

3 Likes

This is out of the Perth studios in Herdsman Lake

1 Like

Andy Maher commentating the curling from Melbourne, with input from Steve Hewitt (Dean’s father).

1 Like

The picture form the venue is thankfully much better. The studio shots look like upscaled SD.

3 Likes

Is Mayor Basil keeping up his breakfast radio commitments while hosting the late night session of Seven’s coverage?

1 Like

You can stream alternate curling matches through 7+.

4 Likes

Sponsor board.

5 Likes

Darn. Missed the beginning of the curling. I’d heard them say on 7News Brisbane it was on tonight at 10.55, then the news headlines during the movie said coming up soon… so I waited until the end of the movie, and nothing…
It’s on 7mate! And looks like it’s been going for quite a while! :frowning:

4 Likes

I take it locals Basil and Georgie were chosen because the overnight session will be prime time for Perth viewers?

3 Likes

Seven’s main channel in Brisbane watermark still says"starts tonight" an hour after it has started on 7Mate

4 Likes

They’ve gone to the trouble of creating custom sponsor boards for Prime so it doesn’t look like the brand will be disappearing anytime soon.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Prime7 Billboard

Watermark

2 Likes