BBC

What a mess.

1 Like
1 Like

There is a name: Huw Edwards. According to her wife, he’s now being treated for mental health issues. The Met Police and South Wales Police have announced there is no evidence of criminal offence; the Met has also allowed the BBC to go underway with an internal inquiry.

Sophie Raworth announced the news at the start of the Six O’Clock bulletin. The PA had announced initially he had resigned, but it was quickly disclosed he was still employed by the BBC, leading to outlets using PA wire to detract and apologise for the initial detail.

(Video sourced from Pres Cafe)

As for The Sun, the paper has announced it will stop publishing any additional allegations and has committed to collaborate to the BBC’s investigation.

(Edited to include additional information. Let’s stick to the facts and avoid personal takes and/or speculation due to the seriousness of the situation)

1 Like

The gall of the Sun to suggest that they didn’t claim that a criminal offence had occurred - that was the entire basis of the story in the first place.

15 Likes

The Sun’s conduct has been shocking. I hope all the journos who effectively outed a man as bi/gay for partaking in what police have described as perfectly legal, hang their heads in shame.

The UK press really is the epitome of morality police.

2 Likes

I haven’t followed this story super closely but I hadn’t seen anything that identified the gender of the younger person? Maybe I missed it

1 Like

Peter Ford referred to “the guy” this morning on TV. I think that is the first I had heard a gender.

2 Likes

I think The Sun initially said “a young person” but I had heard it was a man maybe day 2 of the saga?

2 Likes

Media are being told to stop referring to the gender of the alledged victim.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter, it had been said it was a male.

2 Likes
1 Like

Well he won’t return anyway

1 Like

On a very sad note, the BBC breaking this news:

George Alagiah, one of the BBC’s longest-serving and most respected journalists, has died at 67, nine years after being diagnosed with cancer.

4 Likes

BBC Player lands in Taiwan, in collaboration with local telco’s streaming service:

2 Likes

Sir David Attenborough to present Planet Earth III

The final trilogy of the landmark award-winning series made is by BBC Studios Natural History Unit, co-produced by BBC America and The Open University.

Planet Earth wouldn’t be Planet Earth without David, so I’m delighted he is presenting the third series. As ever, he has brought his huge enthusiasm and wisdom, has been encouraging about our new perspective and has, I know, really enjoyed seeing the extraordinary new wonders brought to the screen."

— Mike Gunton, Series Producer, Planet Earth III

BBC Studios Natural History Unit has confirmed that Sir David Attenborough will present the Planet Earth III, the final trilogy of the landmark award-winning series.

Mike Gunton Series Producer said, ‘Planet Earth wouldn’t be Planet Earth without David, so I’m delighted he is presenting the third series. As ever, he has brought his huge enthusiasm and wisdom, has been encouraging about our new perspective and has, I know, really enjoyed seeing the extraordinary new wonders brought to the screen’

‘The opening of the series with David was filmed in the beautiful British countryside in exactly the location where Charles Darwin used to walk whilst thinking-over his Earth-shaking ideas about evolution. It seemed the perfect place for David to introduce Planet Earth III and remind us of both the wonders and the fragility of our planet. 
.and for him, of course, the sun shined under blue skies one of the only days it did all summer!.’

Planet Earth III, an 8x60’ series made by BBC Studios Natural History Unit, co-produced by BBC America and The Open University. The Executive Producer is Mike Gunton, and the Series Producer is Matt Brandon. It was commissioned by Charlotte Moore, BBC Director of Content. It will tx on BBC One later this year.

1 Like

Expect Planet Earth III to be included on Nine’s 2024 slate at the company’s upfronts next Wednesday.

2 Likes