BBC News/World News

Afternoon Live,a new show on the BBC News channel.

6 Likes

Attempting to change the mic whilst reading the news:

3 Likes

wow. any longer version?

2 Likes

The mic sounded fine, surely the change could have waited 10 seconds until they went to the first story?

2 Likes

I do have the rest of the rehearsal run, but it’s lost in a large pile of videos now.

1 Like

Oh, thought it was broadcast!

1 Like

@tvcl has access to raw satellite feeds. Apparently the BBC distribute feeds of the News at Six/Ten globally for international use by partners (Seven in Australia I’d presume), and allow a lot of studio pre-bulletin preparations to go to air.

Really cool, but also probably illegal to access and record.

3 Likes

I would think it’s for ABC and SBS.

The feeds are broadcast free-to-air and unencrypted. As for uploading, pretty much everything anyone uploads from any TV station would similarly be copyrighted.

3 Likes

That’s surprising. Which satellite?

Presuming that those feeds are only in SD, SBS wouldn’t source their 7am broadcast of the BBC Six O’Clock News from there because that bulletin does air in native HD on LCN-30 the last I checked.

It’s on D2.

2 Likes

Props to the BBC News Channel for celebrating their 20th anniversary with old presentation and whatnot.

6 Likes

4 Likes
8 Likes

New BBC News Director.

2 Likes

Carrie Gracie has resigned as BBC China editor to protest at lower pay than her male peers. Gracie has been in the role for around four years.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Embarrassing. It’s always funny when some Slovenian news channel rips off another broadcaster wholesale, can’t believe Nine did it.

6 Likes

Not much of a difference between Nine and a Slovenian news channel nowadays.

2 Likes

BBC Breakfast is reportedly getting new graphics (but no new set :frowning: ) on Friday, to coincide with the World Cup. Discussion is underway at TV Forum. Here is a sneakpeek of the new look, which was first hinted at on Twitter:
A reported revamp of all of BBC News’ presentation is expected later this year or early next year, according to hints dropped in another thread on TV Forum.

7 Likes