BBC Australia Mocks

I know this isn’t exactly Australia based but it is BBC Australia if it existed, thoughts on my concept?

2 Likes

A second version I’ve made with a custom created After Effects project for the Australia elements which might be added if BBC World and BBC Earth got replaced by BBC Australia like what happened recently to BBC Nordic

1 Like

Not crash hot on the yellow tbh, and the shakey vision of the koala is a bit weird.

What would the channel be?

2 Likes

Fair enough, the channel’s name would be BBC Australia, it would be intended for Australian and New Zealand audiences on Foxtel only, it would run with advertisements to fund the channel. It would replace the existing BBC Earth and BBC News channel(s) on that platform, showcasing a variety of shows from both channels catered towards Australian/new Zealand audiences.

3 Likes

Update: I just discovered that BBC First exists, so BBC Australia would replace that channel and feature new programming and basically just be a ident and graphics/name change for the channel

Use the BBC Reith Sans font which is downloadable through the BBC website, also I think the yellow colour in the idents can be a bit jarring on some of the shots, I would experiment with different colours too.

I would also lose the “Australia” in the News countdown - you could probably represent that with like a BBC Australia watermark instead.

1 Like

Agreed. Also can use a transparent BBC logo, instead of one that jaggers on the letters and appears to be rounded at the corners. Details matter if you want it to be more authentic!

2 Likes

Alright will do

1 Like

I see you removed the videos. May I ask why?

1 Like

New video that’s why I wanted to improve it @Damo

2 Likes

I should add that’s a FAKE phone number in the video so please don’t call it just in case it’s real. I forgot to add the ‘real’ digitalready number when rendering.
I also apologize for my breathing noises during the first VO my microphone is terrible quality, I would usually go back and remove them manually but I didn’t have the time sadly.

1 Like

A outdoor advertisement I’ve created for BBC Australia this would be displayed on Train Station platforms, buses, etc

2 Likes

May I ask if that’s okay why “this topic will close 20 days after the last reply”, and will these posts merge into the Random Mocks discussion, @mods?

I feel this mock is shaping up gradually, and in the past there have been topic-specific mock threads.

2 Likes

Not sure. Looks like something Discourse did automatically. Have removed it.

3 Likes

This is very strange, what is the idea here? Like what is this channel supposed to be?
Is it an idea for a channel to launch here? Or is this an alternate reality?

1 Like

That’s what I got from ChatGPT
The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) is thrilled to announce that BBC Australia will now be taking the place of the previous channel, BBC First, offering an even more exciting and enriching viewing experience to the Australian audience. This transition represents a strategic move by the BBC to provide a dedicated channel that better caters to the unique tastes and interests of Australian viewers.

With the launch of BBC Australia, viewers can look forward to a wider range of captivating content across various genres, including news, documentaries, dramas, comedies, and lifestyle programming. The channel aims to deliver programs that not only entertain but also inform and reflect the diverse culture and interests of Australia.

BBC Australia will continue to feature original and award-winning productions from BBC Studios, ensuring the highest quality of programming that has made the BBC a renowned global broadcaster. The channel will also foster collaborations with local Australian talent, further enhancing the depth and relevance of the content offered. By bringing together the best of British and Australian creative expertise, BBC Australia will showcase a rich tapestry of stories that resonate with Australian audiences.

Accessible through major Australian television providers, BBC Australia offers a range of platforms for viewers to enjoy their favorite programs. From cable and satellite television to online streaming, audiences can easily access the channel whenever and wherever they choose, providing maximum flexibility and convenience.

Maintaining its commitment to impartiality, accuracy, and editorial integrity, BBC Australia will provide viewers with reliable and diverse perspectives on national and international issues. The channel will be a trusted source of news and analysis, ensuring that audiences can rely on the BBC’s longstanding reputation for delivering unbiased and insightful reporting.

BBC Australia is excited to embark on this new chapter, replacing BBC First with a dedicated channel that is tailor-made for Australian viewers. With an exceptional lineup of programming and a commitment to delivering content of the highest quality, BBC Australia looks forward to engaging, entertaining, and inspiring audiences across the country.

I’m not asking ChatGPT I am asking you, like what’s your idea here?

A new channel? Like would this be a merger of existing BBC output here?
An alternate reality where this is a long standing channel? But why would it be doing an analogue switch off in 2023?

Like you’ve obviously had an idea, just wondering what it is.

2 Likes

Fair enough here’s my idea
It would be a new channel dedicated to Australian and/or New Zealand audiences similar to how BBC First is now content wise.
Content would include exclusively BBC tailored content with licensing deals setup with itv to promote their content also.
A localized BBC iPlayer would be setup with an limited catalogue of options due to licensing restrictions.

1 Like

The analogue switchoff is purely to represent how the channel might react to such situations and gives mediaSpy users a insight into how it would appear ident wise.

It’s just random mocks he’s done around a particular concept.

2 Likes