Bad Mothers

Same. To me it looks like they tried to copy Big Little Lies after seeing the success that show had. Some of the scenes in the promo seem like a direct copy of the scene seen in Big Little Lies. Even the plot is similar.

1 Like

Bad Mothers trended in Australia on Twitter tonight just behind Married at First Sight and the return of DWTS. However, reactions have been mostly negative and yes, some people called it a blatant copy of Big Little Lies. Ratings out in the morning should be interesting.

1 Like

I could tell it was a copy of Big Little Lies from the promos alone. Some scenes looked they were taken straight from that show and transposed into Bad Mothers. Awful title by the way.

Wasn’t Jessica Marais supposed to be in this? Or was her character recast as Melissa George?

Yes. She pulled out

Tess Haubrich replaced Jessica Marais

So I’m not sure what I thought about it. Why did Melissa George’s character speak normal in the first scene at the pub then when she put on her power suits talked like someone out of Devil Wears Prada?

Also I quickly got attached to the 3 “Bad Mothers” and their dynamic as well as had an idea of who each was but the main characters I still have no clue. It’s probably on purpose to build suspense but it’s literally meet these people find out a secret about them but there’s been no build up or backstory at all so why do we care?

I know the creators/writers are good at twists and turns so I’m guessing that will be the rest of the season. I missed the end and promo for next week cause the recording cut out.

I don’t believe she is a good actress. Was decent in The Slap and that’s about it. Just because I know she treasures these memories, check out the death scene and her attempting to disguise the fact she was happy a co-worker she hated was about to no longer be employed alongside her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wPel_-SrgY**

Easier to watch that Bite Club, but as the Major Drama of 2019 it was a massive let down, there were too many attempts at humour to make it a decent drama, and the ‘fun’ scenes were neither fun or really humorous.
I will give it another go, but sadly from the promos it was about as good as I was expecting.

My Fetch recorded the repeat of Bad Mothers on tonight, and the image used had just Jessica Marais’s face on it. Promo material must have been sent out a long time ago.

C21 reports international distributor Red Arrow is bringing Bad Mothers to MipTV trade fair in Cannes next month. So far, TVNZ is the only network showing the drama outside Australia. Will other overseas networks be interested?

1 Like

Is this news? Doesn’t every Aussie show get taken to MipTV for sale overseas?

So I feel like with the finale coming up, I haven’t minded this series. It can be a bit naff but the characters are likeable enough. I don’t know how they will extend it to season two if they catch the killer though? But I guess Big Little Lies did.

Also I reckon the killer is the teacher, why have him feature so much at the start then pop up two episodes before the finale for no reason just to remind us he’s still a character in the show?

I only started watching it halfway through, but I have actually quite liked this show! Which is saying something as I don’t normally watch much drama.

I might even see if I can catch up on the first few episodes.

i think its a one season show

If you are willing to wait, it will be out on DVD this month or next month. I think a release date will be revealed at the end of season finale next Monday.

1 Like

It should be anyway.

1 Like

Thanks, hopefully on Blu Ray,…

DVDs are so old hat, I don’t buy those anymore.

The drama will be streamed in UK on Channel 5’s My5 service from September. It will also be shown on pay TV in Middle East and a large part of Africa.

Bad Mothers has been sold to French broadcaster M6, and will be dubbed in French for broadcast like many UK and US dramas.

1 Like