Back with the Ex

You think I would actually talk about this on a date with a girl?? God help me, this is the last thing I would be talking to her about for this exact reason!! I want to attract her, not push her away so I would talk about other things we have in common, like any of us would do about some of our quirkier interests on dates with girls/boys. When it comes to girls with me, of course there are more important things than just silly TV shows. I just like to use these shows as my love if you will, until I find the right girl. But anyway this is slightly off topic, I just thought I would give some background so you know I’m not as insane as you probably think I am.

What a surprise, viewers are already giving Seven a hard time about Back With The Ex before they even try it yet they love the complete shit that is MAFS. How does that even work, I really am completely baffled. Is it just that they are the complete opposite of me, they have it in for Channel Seven because of all their other failed shows recently and their supposed ANW rip-off??

I’d say that the people that don’t like the sound of Back with my Ex aren’t fans of “Married” at First sight either; or any similar show for that matter.

5 Likes

Look Mitch, I’m sure you’re a decent enough person away from the computer, phone or whatever the online device of your choice is.

But judging by some of your recent posts, it seems like voluntarily taking a break from Media Spy to focus on other aspects of your personal life would probably really benefit you. I’d certainly prefer to see that happen before your posts reach a level where the staff may have no choice but to make you take a break from Media Spy.

Yep, I agree. Especially when certain shows in the genre are more about people trying to boost their media profiles than actually finding love.

If Back with the Ex was going to air on Nine, Ten or any other network, I’m sure the complaints about it being “yet another dating reality show” and “toxic TV” would be directed at them.

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s a particularly healthy attitude to take…

4 Likes

I think this might have reinforced people’s impressions though.

Maybe you should sign up to appear on First Dates and meld both loves. :wink:

4 Likes

Well what do you suggest then? I am passionate about Seven as much as someone may be passionate about a certain sporting club or something. You say there is nothing wrong with supporting a sporting club so what exactly is the difference? I just fail to understand what is so different about the two.

So you wouldn’t consider going on a show like married at first sight to find your right partner? I’m assuming you wouldn’t pass to go on Back with the Ex.

I wouldn’t go on any TV shows to find my right partner. A lot of girls on these shows wouldn’t be suitable for me anyway since the vast majority of girls on any dating show are only there for their 5 minutes of fame; I won’t sink that low. Plus I could never go and embarrass myself on national TV. No, I want to do it the right way; privately away from the cameras. I only like to watch other people embarrass themselves and get tips on how I should go about dating myself from other people who are successful on these dating shows.

Sporting clubs exist to serve the will of their fans (even in the professional age). There’s an automatic tribalism involved in sporting contests and natural rivalries.

Commercial TV networks exist to make a profit for their shareholders and deliver eyeballs (of the right age, gender and bank balance) to their advertisers.

A lot of people here have favourite TV networks because they show a range of shows they like more so than other channels, or they prefer their news service or whatever.
It’s the ardent sports fan like protection/defence of 7 - a commercial business - you make regardless of their decision-making or lacklustre shows that is different.

4 Likes

If you haven’t had a ex partner you couldn’t go on the show, sounds like he has never had a partner! :grinning:

It seems this thread is turning into love advice for kids.:crazy_face:

1 Like

The only tip I would give you is don’t listen to any of the advice given on these dating shows. Including getting back with your ex. They are an ex for a reason .

3 Likes

Promo

1 Like

Erik and Lauren dated on and off for six years. During that time, he called the shots.

He only saw her on Sundays. He wanted her to get breast implants and then dumped her by text.
Now HE WANTS HER BACK!

Would you take him back? Should they get back together?

1 Like

Ahh this is content

6 Likes

What has happened to free-to-air television honestly.

3 Likes

They got back with their ex. Sure to mess someone up… even free to air tv.

2 Likes

If Channel 7 is the “ex” this won’t bring any viewers back.

3 Likes

Starts Wednesday week at 9:00

Could your former flame be The One?

What happens if the love of your life was the one that got away?

In the ultimate second chance at love, BACK WITH THE EX follows four brave singles as they put their hearts on the line to reunite with the ex they’ve never forgotten. The former couples will turn back time and revisit every aspect of their relationship in a final bid to find out if their ex was the right one for them after all.

What they don’t know is if their ex feels the same way about them. Will the sparks reignite when they go on romantic heart-felt dates? Or will the reality fall short? And what will happen when they move into each other’s homes…and face the wrath of their ex’s family and friends!

Trust will also be put to the test when they confess their deepest darkest secrets to each other. At the end of this emotionally charged reality series, the four ex-couples will travel to some of the most romantic places in the world to make the final life changing decision. Will they recommit for life? Or walk away from each other for good. Each of these couples – all exes – are about to get a second chance at love.

JEREMY & MEG – After dating on and off for seven years, they split four years ago when Jeremy travelled the world.
PETER & DIANE – The pair enjoyed a long-distance relationship 28 years ago but living on opposite ends of the world eventually tore them apart.
ERIK & LAUREN - After breaking up repeatedly during their six-year- relationship, they finally called it quits six years ago.
KATE & CAM – The former high school sweethearts said goodbye three years ago after Kate cheated.

Was their first love the one that truly got away? By the end of it all, two couples will stay together, one couple will split and one you’ll have to see to believe…

1 Like

This show has failure written all over it.

3 Likes