Bachelor in Paradise

From the BinP party pack

Bravo New Zealand will show the new season from next Tuesday (April 16) at 7.30pm, with each episode screening about one week after Australia.

I caught up on both eps last night. I don’t feel as hooked as I was last season but I think I will as it goes on. I definitely enjoyed the second episode a lot more than the first. The Alex and Richie conversation was so awkward the way they clearly had agreed to talk cryptically over a certain topic (which a lot of people are speculating is that Alex had an abortion?). I actually find Richie really awkward, I still to this day never understand how he was chosen as The Bachelor.

Also Cat is such a drama queen who can’t handle being one of the first eliminated so storms out before anyone can say she didn’t get a rose.

I’m actually loving that Brittney girl, the one who was an intruder on Nicks season. I barely remembered her but she is off her chops constantly. Such a crazy and entertaining lady and I’m so glad she got a rose.

1 Like

The Kyle and Jackie O Show was pulled from the airwaves shortly after 6am on Thursday morning.

Producers hit the ‘dump button’ after hosts Kyle Sandilands and Jackie ‘O’ Henderson began talking about the previous night’s episode of Bachelor in Paradise.

The conversation was ‘unedited’ by Warner Bros and Ten, but from what I have read it seems clear that the two of them had prearranged how far they would go in revealing the incident. They edited it themselves.

So what was the issue? What happened to her and him that they broke it off?

It’s on Twitter. One person’s take on it.

It was all in code but basically Alex was saying that she didn’t see Richie enough. Richie went on about how he flew to Melbourne 15 times and was looking into buying a place in Melbourne yet Alex only visited him in Perth on 2 occasions. They then kept going on about something that happened that impacted both of them but Richie wasn’t there when Alex needed her (which people are speculating was an abortion?). Richie claimed that Alex changed the “goal posts” of when things were going to happen numerous times, and when she went ahead with this mystery thing she picked a date that she knew Richie was offshore at a mine sight so couldn’t’ be there with her. He claimed he had been ready to fly over 3 previous times but she kept changing the date.

That was pretty much the jist of it.

1 Like

What’s wrong with these people? Going on television to air their dirty laundry. Is it worth putting all your intimate details out there to build a big social media profile?

Ivan revealed in a radio interview today he was getting paid between $100-$200 per day during filming of the show.

Between $100 - $200 per day, seriously?

That’s pretty poor, I would’ve expected an extra 0 on the end of either figures AT LEAST.

I struggle to get out of bed during the week for my day job sometimes, earning a load more than that :joy:

I guess they know the endorsement deals after the show will (hopefully) help pay their bills.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say no to 100-200 a day to sit around a beach drinking all day.

4 Likes

Reality show contestants always receive a basic wage. I would say that’s pretty normal but maybe the bigger drawcards like Alex, Richie and Brooke would be getting a bit more.

So it looks like Flo is turning up to Paradise this week and starts a big scandal by hooking up with Bill and then telling Alex about it. Bring it on. Flo is a great villain.

3 Likes

They’re certainly recycling the talent this season. If you haven’t ‘found love’ after two attempts on reality shows, time to try something different. I guess that doesn’t really fit in their hunger for fame.

1 Like

It’s the same on US Bachelor in Paradise. They need some returnee’s otherwise it will mostly just be a cast of the most recent seasons of The Bachelor and Bachelorette (which it mostly is anyway). I like seeing some people back, Rachael was a good choice as she came in at the very end of last season so it’s been good to have her from the start this time. Davey was a bit of a waste though, that’s two seasons in a row he goes at the first opportunity.

1 Like

I love Flo. So glad they brought her back.

1 Like

With today’s announcement that MasterChef returns on Monday April 29, what will happen to the current season of Bachelor in Paradise? There are around 7-8 episodes left to air after this week so it won’t finish by next Thursday (Anzac Day).

Maybe 9pm Monday, Wednesday and Thursday?