Australia's Got Talent

Will the grand final next Monday be pre-recorded? If so, how will the winner be decided?

UPDATE: Monday’s grand final will be shown live (AEDT). Also, it is held in Sydney (probably Fox Studios). This morning (11/3) KIIS 101.1 held a short competition just before 8am with listeners performing their voice talent in order to win a trip to Sydney next Monday to see the finale and meet Dave Hughes.

FLETCHER PILON WINS AUSTRALIA’S GOT TALENT

Fletcher Pilon was tonight crowned the winner of Australia’s Got Talent.

The 14-year-old singer/songwriter from Wamberal on the NSW Central Coast received the greatest number of public votes across the two-part grand finale.

As the ultimate victor in the show that celebrates the unique and brilliant from all walks of life, he takes home a cheque for a life-changing $250,000.

After six audition episodes and five semi-finals, eleven acts were eventually selected to battle it out in the first part of the grand finale on Sunday.

Tonight we learnt that joining Fletcher in the top five acts, as voted by the public, were Chris Tamwoy, King Social, Sisters Doll and Matt McLaren.

Each of those acts gave us one final performance in an all-out contest to win the title of AGT champion of 2016.

But there could only be one winner.

Fletcher reprised the song he performed during his audition, Infinite Child, which was written in his brother’s memory. Fletcher’s younger brother, Banjo, died after being hit by a car while skateboarding just before Fletcher’s AGT audition.

Anybody care?

2 Likes

[quote=“Kushaa, post:56, topic:383, full:true”]
I’ve recorded last 2 weeks’ shows but have decided to just delete them off my set top box. I only saw the first few episodes and found it boring.
[/quote] If Nine bring it back, they are stupid. Wouldn’t surprise me though as The Verdict is back for its second season.

That’s a bit different though - The Verdict was basically a contract sweetener for Karl

3 Likes

Time to move this topic back to Seven

Dear lord.

4 Likes

Seven relying on reboots to survive. Can’t they persist with something like Nine and 10 until it sticks? They’re so reliant on one-hit wonders.

1 Like

Here we go… AGAIN. Wasn’t the last series on 9 a floptastical failure?

1 Like

Only one particular ex-member would be excited (just as he does with everything on Seven). Bad decision IMO.

1 Like

Interesting to see on who will host it. I’m thinking Edwina Bartholomew or Larry Emdur and Kylie Gillies

Shane Jacobson?

1 Like

This would be the reboot that literally nobody asked for.

Is this where TV is at now, just keep recycling reality show franchises. Seven will do one season. It will flop. Nine or Ten announces they’ve picked it up. Starts the cycle over again :no_mouth:

10 Likes

It’s Great to hear AGT is making a comeback or reboot back to 7 where it all started a great change from cooking, love,& renovation reality formats let’s hope the show is more about the performances less about the judging panel & please make Australia’s got Talent to Australian Resident’s only as on Britain’s got Talent they had people from a lot of other countries competing but actually not residing in the uk.
To me makes a mockery of the show’s title , less back stories
I think if it’s done well it will be a surprise hit but please no more Mel B
Too much screaming during America’s got Talent this last season & the Ego.

God spare us.

1 Like

Seven has already had a show like that called All Together Now. Why can’t they just keep that instead of flogging a format that Australians switched off from years ago

4 Likes

I’m thinking Julia Zemiro considering she did a creditable job with ATN and Seven execs were impressed with her presenting at their upfront.

And with her music show hosting experience on SBS … if anyone at Seven watches SBS.

I hope it’s only Aussie judges