Australian Survivor

Well Ten need something for the back end besides The Bachelorette. They already announced that it will go for 10 weeks on air (with the possibility of an extension). It will more than likely be up against The X Factor and The Block, both of which are getting a bit old and stale. I think it has a fighting chance with a good promo campaign starting whilst Masterchef and continuing whilst The Bachelor is on air.

1 Like

Saw a promo tonight for this. Must have used CBS vision to make most of the content.

Was only about 15-20sec, looked like stock vision. Was played around 3 times during the finale of Celeb.

Australian version of Survivor will be filmed in tropical paradise of Samoa

AUSTRALIAN Survivor will be shot in the Pacific Islands.

Confidential can reveal producers have chosen tropical Samoa as the location for the much anticipated Channel Ten reality series that will air on the network later this year.

While Ten wouldn’t comment on the location, it is understood production will begin over the coming weeks

1 Like

Interesting as they are planning to film the next US seasons in the same area in the coming weeks. Apparently for the US they were weighing up options in Samoa and Fiji and looks like US is more likely to be in Fiji… but it’s interesting if they are filming within a couple hours flight of each other and around the same timeframe.

News Corp reports the show will be launched in Sydney on May 11, before filming begins in Samoa. The report also suggests Jamie Durie is on the shortlist to host Survivor.

I noticed Jamie Durie on the Living Room guest hosting the last few weeks so it wouldn’t surprise me if it is him, and I think he would be a good choice.

I think Jamie Durie would be a good host for the show.

he would suit the format very well. He has that vibe going about him

Host announcement: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/actor-jonathan-lapaglia-surprise-pick-to-host-australian-survivor/news-story/49e62fd511a465b395c73b9935b0ceb5

Jonathan LaPaglia is out of left field but he looks a bit like Jeff Probst especially with this necklace. :laughing:

1 Like

Very surprising indeed regarding the host announcement.

1 Like

###Jonathan LaPaglia To Host Australian Survivor.

Outwit. Outplay. Outlast.

Australian Survivor. Coming Soon To TEN.

Network Ten is proud to announce that one of Australia’s leading actors, Jonathan LaPaglia, will host the new family entertainment series Australian Survivor when it launches on TEN later this year.

Known for his commitment to personal fitness and outdoor pursuits, Jonathan is a long-time, avid fan of Survivor.
Jonathan’s diverse acting career and personal interest holds him in good stead to host Australian Survivor, which will be set on a remote tropical island overseas.

Part docu-soap, part competition, part human drama, Survivor is the world’s most talked-about television program.
Jonathan said: “I am honoured to be hosting the Australian version of Survivor, the show that pioneered the mainstream reality television genre almost 20 years ago.

“As a big fan of the show, I am delighted and thrilled to bring all the drama, strategy and adventure synonymous with Survivor to Australian viewers,” he said.

Network Ten Chief Programming Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Jonathan is the perfect host for Australian Survivor. He is intelligent, engaging, energetic and a true fan of the show.

“We considered many people for the role. When we talked to Jonathan, we knew immediately that he was the ideal person to host this exciting, spectacular and dynamic family entertainment series. We are very happy to welcome Jonathan to Australian Survivor and to Network Ten.”

Jonathan has starred in a number of critically-acclaimed Australian drama series including The Slap, Underbelly: Badness and Love Child, as well as the international drama series Cold Case, The District, Windfall, New York Undercover and Seven Days.

Most recently, he had a starring role in the independent film Pioneer and his other feature credits include Deconstructing Harry, The Dead Will Tell and The Reckoning.

1 Like

I unsuccessfully tried to find a similar photo of Jeff. Well done. :laughing:

1 Like

Jonathan is a great choice. He certainly has the Jeff Probst look.

Although I like the idea of Jonathan I am not sure I like the idea of having a Jeff Probst ‘look a like’ like some are suggesting. I think they need to reinvigorate the format for an Australian audience and looking for look a likes isn’t going to help this.

I used to love watching 7 Days a show about time travel starring Jonathan LaPaglia. It had a lagte night time slot on Ten around 2000-02 I think.

Australian Survivor will be in Samoa. Jonathan LaPaglia just announced it on radio with Hamish and Andy.

1 Like

###Network Ten Announces Location For Australian Survivor.

Spectacular New Series Coming To TEN In 2016.

Network Ten today announced that its spectacular new family entertainment series Australian Survivor will be filmed in Samoa.

Located in the South Pacific, Samoa is a beautiful and rugged tropical paradise, considered by many to be the heart of Polynesia.

With crystal-blue seas, reef-bordered beaches, vibrant jungles and stunning waterfalls, it is the perfect setting for Australian Survivor.

Production of Network Ten’s exciting, must-watch new series starts later this month.

Australian Survivor will be hosted by one of Australia’s leading actors, Jonathan LaPaglia. Known for his commitment to personal fitness and outdoor pursuits, Jonathan is a long-time, avid fan of Survivor.

Network Ten Chief Programming Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Jonathan is the perfect host for Australian Survivor and Samoa is the perfect location. It is beautiful, remote, challenging and dramatic.

“More than 15,000 Australians applied to be part of this new series.

“The 24 Australian contestants we have selected will be transported to a unique and very different world, where they will have to outwit, outlast and outplay to become the ultimate survivor,” she said.

1 Like