Australian Survivor

Applications open for the next season

What We Are Looking For:

• Men and Women of all backgrounds and locations around Australia.

• You need to be physically and mentally strong enough to survive in some of the toughest conditions ever experienced.

• You must be able to engage with others, be confident and be comfortable living in close quarters with strangers.

• You need to be ready to play the game!

Applications close on the 7th of May 2023 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard time.

What are you waiting for!

Rules:

You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. You must be 18 years of age or over by 1 March 2023. You must be able to swim. You must be available for shoot dates from late July through to mid September 2023.

I’ve already forgfotten her name.

Jonathan confirmed on his Logies acceptance speech that he is currently filming the new season in Samoa.

The next season will be known as Titans vs Rebels.

Hosted by Jonathan LaPaglia, the Titans are both physically intimidating and utterly ruthless, but they’ll need to be at their absolute best to take on the Rebels – a group of individuals who live life by a different set of rules.
(10’s upfronts press release)

It will also see the launch of a new shoppable TV initiative.

This title sounds really lame. Basically, let’s do Heroes vs Villains again but under a new name.

2 Likes

What sort of things would people want to buy off this show? Cans of beans?

2 Likes

A cologne which makes you smell like a Survivor contestant who hasn’t had a shower in 39 days.

1 Like

KFC?

1 Like

KFC, utes and Set for Life tickets.

is it new players or returning? there was an interesting mix of past-contestants that were the first to comment on the instagram post.

I’d assume that it will be the same formula of returnees, D grade celebs and a few genuine applicants.

I think it’s all new - so if it’s anything like the regular formula it’s 40% d-graders, 40% boring influencers, 20% genuine applicants.

There wasn’t the same rumour mill like last time where there were whispers of “oh, (name), is on”

However, I hope that the new head producer (starting with last years show) has changed the course and gotten interesting people who were from the application process.

I don’t mind returning players, all the returning players last season were much more interesting their second time around. The new ones were all boring.

That’s true, but if you compare say the Blood v Water season to Brain v Brain, BvB had no returnees and was a far more entertaining season and cast (almost exclusively due to George and Hayley), so its much more about the individual cast members rather than whether they’ve played before. I do think its time for a fresh season of newbees, but like others will be frustrated if they scout too much instead of relying on traditional casting- the best players are always die-hard fans who can be found through normal casting. It’s so frustrating watching people who are clearly unfamiliar with the gameplay. You can’t have a cast full of ‘Georges’ but the most entertaining seasons have big players who are willing and able to make big moves- more often than not these are everyday Australians who are Survivor super-fans.

George has written a book.

Coming to the Bargain Bin in all good Bookstores soon.

2 Likes

Vinnies op shop more like it

1 Like

2 Likes