Australian Survivor

This might a bit too much to speculate but I believe that the next season of Australian Survivor could be an Australia vs USA season.

10 daily’s recent post attracted a lot of attention from some notable US Survivors (Chris Hammons, Davie Rickenbacker, Josh Canfield, Shane Powers, Jessica Lewis, etc.).

We already know that at least half the cast will be returning Aus players, and with no casting call going out either the remainder of the cast will be celebs, US players or players who previously applied and went deep into the process but didn’t make the cut.

There are plenty of US Survivor players who have great returnee potential but will likely never get another shot. I’m sure all will be revealed once filming starts in August.

If it is an Australia v USA season, will it be shown on CBS? Will Jeff Probst or Jonathan LaPaglia host the show?

Could the Americans be doing a USA vs Australia edition or more likely USA vs the World edition?

From what I imagine, it could end up being an All Access exclusive in the US and shown on 10 here with JLP as host, 39 days and 20 castaways is my guess. Further supported by the fact that 10 will need new crew (likely from the US show) given a lot will be working on other Australian reality shows.

The reverse, it’ll be JLP hosting not Probst. There’d be more interest from an Aussie perspective than a US perspective. I could imagine a possible Tri-Nations series in the future between SA, Aus and NZ (if it ever returns) but a USA vs the World would likely be stacked with Aussies rendering it pointless, other than Werner (SA5), Palesa (SA5) and JT (NZ2) I can’t think of too many South Africans or Kiwis that would entertain a US audience.

It doesn’t really matter if it isn’t equally weighted with contestants from different countries, just as long as there is some representation.

The show premieres Wednesday 24th July.

1 Like

There is a small chance the premiere will be up against Australian Ninja Warrior on the same night.

I barely remember any of those people. I don’t see the point in the Aussie version brining US players. I’m pretty sure Aussie’s want to see Aussie’s on our version, otherwise what’s the point?

Not to mention that all the good US players have already played again in the US so we’d more than likely be getting a dud cast of people that were never asked back in the US. Most of the Aussie audience don’t even know these players either. It would also likely clash next year with the US All Winners season (which would air from Feb - May) which is an amazing cast for the Survivor die hard fans, so us poaching some lacklustre US contestant just won’t compare.

No. The next 2 seasons of US Survivor have been filmed. Next season is called “Island of Idol’s” and the following season is the shows 40th season and it is going to be a cast of all winners. However US Survivor did open up casting to Canadians recently so apparently we get the first Canadian in the cast next season.

Technically not the first Canadian but first non-American citizen, yes. Ironically they will be an ex-ice hockey player, Tom Laidlaw (61, Brampton, ON), living in New York.

The king of the jungle? This isn’t I’m a celeb. Luke was not that great. I actually found him really annoying. The quality of applicants must be low if they not only need to resort to Champions but also past contestants already.

Also has anyone noticed that some of the articles that Channel 10 are posting of interviews with contestants for this season, they are clearly exit interviews right after they have left the game? I’m not sure how stupid they think we are but I guess we shouldn’t be surprised given how obvious their commercials often are with who is going. I’ll pop them in Spoiler tags…

Nova Peris - Clearly a very early boot. She talks about how her game plan didn’t play out and how others didn’t like her over bearing personality.
https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a190705lbpfm/australian-survivor-2019-nova-peris-knows-shes-a-threat-20190705

Simon Black - He talks about how players get emotional when they get letters from the family around day 37. Whilst this could be hypothetical based on watching other seasons get family letters around this time, I would guess he at least makes it to a point later in the game where they all get family letters and get emotional.
https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a190708aemqh/afl-legend-simon-black-survivor-strips-you-bare-emotionally-20190708

I know it’s Jericho, 2017 Winner.

Lol it’s Luke. He’s even in the video…

2 Likes

Huh? Did you watch the video? The video says that it’s Luke and he’s in the shows promo’s.

He kinda looks like Jericho.

They look NOTHING alike.

2 Likes

Another name leaked out of Ten to @blackbox .

With this morning’s announcement that The Bachelor will return to 10 on Wednesday, July 31, that means Survivor will move to Monday and Tuesday in week 2. Survivor may also be shown on Sunday if the 7.30pm timeslot has not been allocated to The Masked Singer, which starts filming on July 28.