Australian Postal Survey on Marriage Law - Media Coverage

So you lecture me on black and white, but refuse to acknowledge that homophobia can be different shades of severity? Sorry man, but the whole notion that just because things aren’t as bad now as they were in the 90s, that suddenly means that you should be allowed to say inflammatory things is off base and bizarre.

What is that supposed to mean? Clearly I have less rights than a heterosexual.

So I take issue with your tone and how you seem to be shitting on our moment of victory, accompanied by loaded language and condescension, and your reaction is that we’re silencing you? Get off your high horse mate. Say inflammatory things and be prepared to have people confront you about it. Don’t moan and complain.

The implicit meaning of pollyanna in the context you provided, alongside your portrayal of crying millenials - yeah not stereotyping or being condescending at all. Sorry I’m not buying.

I take great offence to being labelled homophobic. I have not "shit " on your moment of victory. My only issue has been with the definition of marriage. This victory changes a fundamental social institution rooted in religion. To question such a monumental change is not an attack on the LGBTQI community. There are plenty of notable people on the yes side, that I respect and admire, who acknowledge and have the maturity to recognise that their views may not align with others.

If you’re that sensitive to a common turn of phrase and you’re going to twist words to wedge me into the hole you think I fit into, then I probably shouldn’t engage with you. Disappointingly, you demonstrated your lack of maturity and lack of respect for others with that disgusting post that referenced Tony Abbott at the time the outcome was announced.

This thread is now being closed, as it relates to media coverage of the postal vote outcome.

Discussion on the postal survey can be made here: Australian Postal Survey on Marriage Law

1 Like