Australian Ninja Warrior

In the first screencap you can see Scienceworks Museum on the right (the one with the round top). As I posted late last year, the set was built on the empty site which is normally used as an overflow carpark for Scienceworks. The public entrance is on the left facing Booker Street (you can see some people walking through) and I think the backstage is on the far left.
If Nine is starting to show the promo now, I assume it is planning to show Ninja Warrior in the same week as The Voice, once the latter reaches the live finals stage.

Promos are out today, and claiming we have a winner this year.

Nine will be hoping that specific marketing ploy will resonate some what in ratings improvement over last seasons average performance.

Or will people just watch the last episode I wonder.

Please don’t bring back past contestants. It was why I turned of last season.

Need to nail it this year. A horrendously expensive production to produce.

“winner”, read between the lines

It doesn’t necessarily mean he or she conquered Mount Midoriyama (the final hurdle).
Here is the promo:

Also, if you look up Scienceworks on Google Maps, you can clearly see the Ninja Warrior set on the neighbouring block, in a series of blue rectangles.

1 Like

I hope that this year we will have a winner.

The predictions of Ninja Warrior this year?

• Blistering
  • Same ratings as last year
  • A Turn off

0 voters

Former Olympic freestyle skier Lydia Lassila, who was on Australian Survivor last year, also competed on the new season of Ninja Warrior in December, according to a new promo aired tonight during The Voice.

I actually think that them saying we have a winner in the promo’s means that nobody actually wins (ie by climbing Mount Midoriyama). Obviously due to people whingeing about how pointless the finales feel with not having a winner, they are probably implementing some sort of consolation prize to the person who makes it the furthest on the final course.

3 Likes

NEW NINJAS, NEW CITY, NEW ATTITUDE

AUSTRALIAN NINJA WARRIOR RETURNS

MONDAY 8 JULY 8AT 7.30PM

Australian Ninja Warrior has gripped the nation for two seasons and the smash-hit program will return for a groundbreaking third edition from its new home in Melbourne on Monday, July 8, at 7.30pm on Nine.

And for the first time on Australian Ninja Warrior , there will be a winner. The competitor who goes furthest on the course in the fastest time will take home $100,000. Make it up Mt Midoriyama and the winner will pocket an extra $200,000 and the title of Australia’s first Ninja Warrior.

The unforgiving course has new twists and turns to surprise and challenge anyone who attempts it. If Ninjas thought the Warped Wall was hard, wait until they come up against the Mega Warped Wall. At 5.25 metres it is one metre taller than the existing Warped Wall, and any Ninja who conquers it pockets $5,000 cash instantly.

Two hundred inspired, everyday athletes have been training in preparation to take on the world’s toughest obstacle course. Mums and dads, tradies and farmers, students and famous sports stars of all shapes, sizes and ages from across Australia will line up to see if they have what it takes to win.

Rebecca Maddern , Ben Fordham and Freddie Flintoff will be back to take viewers through every jump, leap, heart-stopping victory and heart-wrenching fall as our Ninjas get their shot at glory.

Nine’s Head of Content Production and Development, Adrian Swift, said: “The show certainly has a new feel this season. With the exciting Melbourne setting and added cash prizes, our Ninjas are desperate to go further than ever before and we will see some truly spectacular feats. The new Ninjas have something to prove. This is their moment, so get ready to be blown away.”

Hundreds of everyday Aussie competitors with one shared goal: to win

1 Like

I’m glad to see that there will definitely be a prize.

It was a bit of an anti climax not having a winner of any sort declared in previous seasons.

Interesting wording, but I think the only prize will be the $100,000.

I think the sentence of “Make it up Mt Midoriyama and the winner will pocket an extra $200,000 and the title of Australia’s first Ninja Warrior” is misleading. It doesn’t actually say anyone makes it up Mt Midoriyama, just (if they) make it up the Mt Midoriyama they will win $200,000.

2 Likes

Nine have released more details of this year’s competition including:

Heat One features six brand new obstacles: The Floating Steps, The Swing Surfer, The Tuning Forks, Rolling Steel, Spinball Wizard and then the classic Warped Wall with a brand-new twist: The Double Warped Walls. This year, Ninjas must pick between two walls to complete the course: The Warped Wall from last season standing at 4.2 metres high or the brand new 5.25 metre Mega Warped Wall. A full metre taller makes the Mega Warped Wall that much tougher to conquer – but the Ninjas who make it to the top and hit the buzzer pocket $5000 cash. In the ultimate gamble, the extra time it takes to master the Mega Warped Wall, and the possibility of failing, means they also risk losing their spot in the semi-finals.

The Ninjas competing tonight span occupations and ages, cities and country towns from across the country. Whether they’re newcomers or the few lucky experienced Ninjas to have another chance, those who take on the nation’s toughest obstacle course are undoubtedly the best of the best.

1 Like

So only two episodes when season 3 starts next week due to State of Origin decider. If Nine keeps the same number of episodes as last year (12), that means the grand final should be shown in the last week of July, after the finales of House Rules and MasterChef.

I notice two contestants wrote their stories in Melbourne’s Leader suburban papers this week.

I thought the main reason for the move was because it was cheaper to produce in Melbourne??

I would have thought so, as Rebecca Maddern currently lives in melbourne. It would be better if they have it produced via melbourne so that Rebecca won’t have to travel from Melbourne to Sydney.

Ah what about the other presenter that comes from Sydney?

Yeah. They shipped a whole show to Melbourne to save on a few air fares. :rofl:

1 Like