Australian Ninja Warrior

Promo clip for Ninja Warrior State of Origin

Promo for next week’s grand final reveals someone had conquered the final stage and won the cash prize.

2 Likes

Just found it strange she was back so soon after the negative test. Sorry for engaging in conversation…

I wish networks wouldn’t spoil the ep/show they’re promoting in such a blatant fashion

1 Like

I think promos aired before the series had even started said that too…

That wasn’t news to me.

1 Like

Who will make it up Mount Midoriyama?

History will be made when someone finally scales Mount Midoriyama to become Australia’s first ever Ninja Warrior, in the grand final starting this Sunday at 7.00pm on Nine and 9Now.

In a finale to Australian Ninja Warrior that has to be seen to be believed, the last contestants standing will put everything on the line as they strive for the Holy Grail: climbing the daunting Mount Midoriyama.

But to get that chance they must make it through three stages of the gruelling and unforgiving grand final course, each stage increasing in difficulty. The first task is to complete the brutal Stage One course in under 3 minutes and 45 seconds.

Who will emerge triumphant? Will it be the red-hot favourite, Charlie Robbins, who was the furthest-fastest in 2019 and has won both his Power Towers to qualify for the grand final with a crucial advantage? Will practice make perfect for the Tradie Ninja, Sam Goodall, who has built his own version of Mount Midoriyama in his backyard?

Can Olivia Vivian add another title to her collection by becoming the first woman in the world to conquer the mighty mountain? Or will the dark horse of the competition, Matt Bowles, go further than anyone has before?

This must-watch blockbuster finish will have Ninja viewers on the edge of their seat as they witness history in the making.

And the Ninja action doesn’t end there: a two-part special event, Australian Ninja Warrior: State of Origin, begins on Sunday, August 16, at 7.00pm on Nine.

In this showdown, the four best Ninjas from each state are putting on their jerseys to battle it out for state glory and win $100,000. Fan favourites including Charlie Robbins, Fred Dorrington, Bryson Klein, Raphaella Wiget and Olivia Vivian will proudly represent their state as they tackle a brand new, custom-built state of origin course.

In Australian Ninja Warrior: State of Origin, everything is on the line as these supremely fit athletes work together in teams to win the bragging rights and prove which is the superior Ninja state in the whole nation.

But first, who will make it up Mount Midoriyama? Tune in to Nine and 9Now from this Sunday at 7.00pm to find out.

Sunday 16 August
07:00 pm Australian Ninja Warrior - State of Origin Part 1 Premiere

A new competition begins that will see the best Ninja’s from each State teaming up to battle it out for glory and win $100,000 in Australian Ninja Warrior: State of Origin

Monday 17 August
07:30 pm Australian Ninja Warrior - State of Origin Part 2 Final

Tuesday 18 August
07:30 pm Ninja Warrior Australia Vs The World

Having just crowned the 2020 Australian Ninja Warrior Champion, it’s now time to see how Australia’s best match it against the greatest Ninjas from around the world in Las Vegas.

1 Like

NBC aired USA v The World in January 26 this year. If the synopsis refers to this, that kind of gives away the result of this week’s Australian Ninja Warrior grand final, as it involved two members of Team Australia in USA v The World.

How? The final was recorded in March in Melbourne?

1 Like

I can recall one of the Ninjas being mentioned as representing Australia in the US during the season.

Very close result in tonight’s grand final.
However, it was not trending like The Masked Singer on Twitter.

I caught up watching the Australia Ninja Warrior Grand Final Part 2 and noticed that three men have reached through Stage 2 and Stage 3. 3 contestants had to climb the Mt Midoriyama in just under 30 seconds. Zak Stolz got there by 0.2 seconds remaining on the clock. Next, it was Charlie Robbins. Charlie Robbins has climbed the wall in 26.56 seconds. After that, it was Ben Polson’s turn to climb. I was so worried that Ben Polson would not make it. He needed 26.56 seconds to beat the time. ANd Ben Polson did it with one second to spare! Ben Polson became the first Australian Ninja Warrior to conquer Mt Midoriyama. It took four years for an Australian to conquer Mt Midoriyama!

1 Like

The final stage (Mount Midoriyama) was filmed just before dawn.

1 Like

Well now that Mt Midoriyama has been conquered, I wonder what they’ll do for the next series to keep it fresh and interesting?

I can see viewers losing interest quickly if there’s no new ultimate challenge.

For a start I think the prizemoney will be reset at $100,000 and the Power Tower will be retained.

History is made with Ben Polson crowned Australia’s first Ninja Warrior

Australian Ninja Warrior history was made tonight as Mount Midoriyama was finally conquered.

After four years, 636 Ninja runs and 106 grand final attempts, Ben Polson was crowned Australia’s first Ninja Warrior on Nine’s blockbuster competition. With the major prize jackpotting, he has walked away with an incredible $400,000.

In a high-intensity, drama-filled finale, three Ninjas made it to Stage 4, with the fastest on the punishing 20-metre rope climb up Mt Midoriyama declared the winner.

Standing at the foot of Mt Midoriyama were the golfing Ninja and 2019 furthest-fastest champion, Charlie Robbins, underdog and student Zak Stolz, and videographer Ben Polson, one half of the popular ANW power couple.

In a nailbiting finish, all three Ninjas reached the summit, but Ben Polson completed the climb in the quickest time, 25.56 seconds, beating Charlie Robbins by one second to become Australia’s first ever Ninja Warrior. With Ninja girlfriend Olivia Vivian celebrating by his side, Ben was ecstatic.

After the win Ben said: “I wasn’t your average kid at school, I felt like an outcast and got bullied a lot. It wasn’t until I discovered Ninja training that I once again felt I had a purpose. It helped me build myself back up physically and mentally. Conquering Mount Midoriyama is not about what I have received, it’s about who I have become.”

Ben said he planned to take Olivia on a trip to Japan for endless amounts of sushi and finally buy himself a car with the prizemoney.

“Four hundred thousand dollars is a lot of money! Especially during such a rollercoaster year. I would love to take Olivia on a trip to Japan the rest will be invested and discussed with much smarter people than myself.”

Ben, Charlie and Zak all cement their names in the history books, joining an elite group of only 14 people in the world who have scaled Mt Midoriyama.

Runner-up Charlie Robbins said of climbing Mt Midoriyama: “It was an incredible feeling of accomplishment. There’s only a handful of people in the world that can say they’ve done it, so to be a part of that group is pretty special and of course a big congratulations to Ben.”

Second runner-up Zak Stolz added: “It’s something you always see and hope you can do, but actually doing it didn’t feel real. It’s truly an honour to complete the dream of any Ninja warrior.”

1 Like

I found the ending anti-climatic because 3 people conquered it. If it was 1 person it would have felt like an achievement but the fact that 3 got there and all completed Mt Midoriyama killed the buzz a little for me. It will def be harder now to hype up the show as it’s been conquered 3 times. Although the US version is still going after 12 seasons.

I wonder if the contestants that climbed Mr Midoriyama can compete again? The problem with the show is that it’s becoming the same people in the finals every year. Do we really want to see some of the people that conquered the course compete again?

3 Likes

I agree, they do need some fresh faces for both the contestants and also the hosts. Some of the commentary from Bec and Ben in particular has been cringeworthy.

2 Likes

Yeah I found myself cheering for Matthew Bowles this year because he was new so it seemed a much bigger achievement than anyone that that he got to the last obstacle in stage 2 on his very first attempt. The others all had a lot more experience on the course so it just became a bit repetitive. I’m getting very tried of Charlie Robbins dominating every year and the way that they constantly hype up the same people constantly.

1 Like

State of Origin Spectacular

State pride is on the line as 20 of Australia’s most incredible Ninjas join forces to represent their states over two huge nights on Australian Ninja Warrior: State of Origin starting this Sunday at 7.00pm on Nine and 9Now.

In an Australian Ninja Warrior first, five teams from Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia take on nine of the world’s toughest obstacles in a spectacular competition with state bragging rights and $100,000 in prizemoney on the line.

The stakes are raised as the almighty Power Tower returns at the end of each night, testing the physical strength and mental resilience of the toughest of Ninjas to ultimately decide who wins.

Once again returning as hosts are Rebecca Maddern and Ben Fordham, with Shane Crawford providing sideline commentary.

“Just you wait until you see this special,” says Bec. “Ninja Origin will blow your mind as the best team wins.”

In this gripping showdown, five teams of four Ninjas will represent their states:

Western Australia

A quartet with 11 grand final appearances between them, led by Ben Polson, Australia’s first ever Ninja Warrior. Plus the most successful female Ninja, Olivia Vivian, four-time grand finalist Sam Goodall, and rock climber and dual grand finalist, Zed Colback.

Queensland

Two previous series furthest-fastest Ninjas, Rob Patterson and Fred Dorrington. Plus circus performer Skye Haddy, one of only eight women to make the semi-finals in the latest season of ANW, and Ryan Solomon, a three-time ANW grand finalist

South Australia

This team of underdogs really pack a punch. Dual semi-finalist and rock climber Rapheala Wiget, free spirit and 2020 semi-finalist Rhys Menzel, newcomer Jarryd Sutton, who reached the semi-finals in 2020, and two-time grand finalist, Nathan Ryles.

New South Wales

A team of champions from other codes who have turned their athletic skills to Australian Ninja Warrior. Rock climber, three-time ANW grand finalist and Australia versus the World competitor Bryson Klein. State gymnast Jordan Papandrea, who has never failed to make a Ninja Warrior grand final. Loki Kuroi, a professional-class drift racer. And former NRL player and two-time semi-finalist Eloni Vunakece.

Victoria

A team built for speed. There’s multi-grand finalist Ashlin Herbert; dual grand finalist and one of three Ninjas to reach the top of Mount Midoriyama this week, Zak Stolz. The 2018 and 2019 semi-finalist Mel Armstrong, and 2019’s furthest-fastest, Charlie Robbins, who missed out this week on becoming the first Australian Ninja Warrior by one second.

They will no doubt make the course harder and probably a new challenge towards the end. Agreed re the hosts, Bec is dreadful.

2 Likes