Australian Idol

Doesn’t that element come in after the audition rounds when the Top 50 goes to the Top 24 and then the Top 12?

1 Like

They used to try to get yeses out of the other judges with 3 needed.

I wonder if Seven could consider re-editing the upcoming episodes to included more auditions reducing the time given to each. Checking out the Sunday episode and 15 minutes in there had only been 2 auditions.

1 Like

I tend to agree with this comment and this applies to pretty much all of Seven’s talent shows like AGT and The Voice. So many times we see 4 chairs turn or 4 yesses from judges, and when it comes to the bad acts, it was always a brush past and no emphasis put on it to create those hilariously embarrassing and viral moments that have made the likes of Britain/America’s Got Talent known globally.

Where are the hilariously bad acts with the arrogant and egotistical twits that seem to have their arses up their nose when performing and the judges not holding back at these sorts of acts? I want to see more of that rather than the same predictable stuff of everyone getting through with 4 yesses and blah.

4 Likes

Q3/Q4 with the final in late November when it was on 10 would be a better slot.

2 Likes

Are they gonna do the full weeks repeat this Fri/Sat night like usual?

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

The way they have been doing it is very similar to the newer version of American Idol the past 2-3 years. I agree that it would be good if it was a bit faster paced. There are times where they skim through contestants but that is usually only the bad ones.

2 Likes

Touchdowns are returning for the three Top 24 shows.

3 Likes

Good to see heritage reflected with the touchdowns return which were a fan favourite during it’s original run.

2 Likes

Personally, I think it’s dumb and old hat. Mark Holden isn’t on this judging panel. It’s going to look stupid and add more to the impression the show already has given - old, lame and stuck in the past.

4 Likes

That and “Go the Fro” (which Dicko made famous) were highlights from the first season.

I also loved Joel Turner’s audition; though he didn’t fit the premise of the show he still found stardom, eventually. If AGT was around at the time, he would’ve made it bigger.

3 Likes

As much as i loved the touchdown back in the good old days, i think reintroducing it might be cringeworthy. It only worked with Mark Holden. Who’s gonna do it now?

I think they need a new gimmick. I don’t know what exactly, but not the touchdown.

5 Likes

They’re all given 3 each I believe.

3 Likes

Oh so like a golden buzzer type thing? Does it actually give the recipient any advantage?

1 Like

I’m thinking yes. Cause if it’s the top 24 right and they’re given 3 touchdowns each, 3 times 4 judges equals 12. Top 12?

3 Likes

I have been skipping this thread for the past four days to avoid spoilers. Now I had seen the encore of first episode tonight I could finally say something.

First thing is I missed the iconic Idol theme, it should have been used right from the start.

It was quite a fast start, a brief look back in the first season and then two minutes later it was the first audition.

I can understand why the producers mixed the auditions across the five cities (plus individual auditions in regional areas), otherwise it wouldn’t make up the six audition episodes - three this week and three next week).

The judges were great, giving honest feedback.

Can’t wait to see the next two episodes on 7plus this weekend (I don’t want to watch them on Seven tonight because it will mean going to bed at 1.30am :sleeping: )

3 Likes

Amy Shark was on both Sunrise and The Morning Show this morning to discuss her judging experience as well as previewing the new episode on Sunday.

1 Like

If that’s the case (using the term “touchdown” by the judges to make the top 12), then why can’t they just use a “golden ticket” like they’ve been giving the auditionees to enter the top 50 - for consistency…

2 Likes

I noticed the second episode in tonight’s triple-header encore had an M rating as opposed to the first episode which had a PG rating. Did anything change between Tuesday’s original ep and tonight’s re-run?

1 Like

I like this idea then. Using the term as a nostalgic throwback to the original. Much better than one of them randomly trying to replicate Mark’s moments.

1 Like