Australia Unites: Red Cross Flood Appeal

No shit. However, the networks also decided to air it on a dead night for some reason and basing it from the studio always meant it would look cheaper than using a backdrop. But yes perhaps they needed more time, but I’ll always argue the producer and production company really makes a difference. Brent also had/has a hand in the Logies, there’s a reason they never change for the better with Nine. Only using news personalities is a huge oversight, nobody cares about Peter Overton outside of here.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Ratings weren’t great!

Picture from 10’s press release of the early hosting trio and network exec’s.

6 Likes

This is why I don’t watch the ch7 version of Big Brother. The essence of the show is that it’s live and raw, yet somehow they can film it 6 months in advance?

2 Likes

From 10:

Australian’s Unite To Raise More Than $25 Million For The Red Cross Flood Appeal.

Last night, Network 10, Nine and the Seven Network united for a telethon raising more than $25 million for the Australian Red Cross Flood Appeal.

With 100% of the funds raised during Australia Unites: Red Cross Flood Appeal going to help people and communities affected by the devastating floods across Queensland and New South Wales, the star-studded broadcast saw Australian music royalty, celebrities and popular news and entertainment personalities from across all three networks band together.

But it was the extraordinary support and generosity of Australians that saw more than 18,000 calls received and more than 340,000 visits to the Red Cross website during the broadcast, culminating in a massive $25,249,796 worth of pledges.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said: “These floods have been beyond devastating for communities across New South Wales and Queensland, particularly in the Northern Rivers of New South Wales. Australia is strong and resilient because of the generosity of Australians.

“Thank you so much to everyone who has been able to make a donation to this Red Cross appeal to support the affected communities – and thank you to the many volunteers who are giving their time to this effort. To everyone impacted, our Government and the whole nation will continue to stand with you and support you.”

Kym Pfitzner, CEO Australian Red Cross, said: “Thank you to Channel 7, 9 and 10 for coming together – the result was beyond our expectations. The Flood Appeal united the nation in support of tens of thousands of people impacted by the floods.

“We witnessed the spirit of humanity in action. I’d like to thank everyone who donated for your incredible generosity. 100% of the $25 million plus raised during the telethon will go in cash grants to help people impacted by the floods.”

Applications for the grant will open on Friday, 18 March on the Red Cross website.

Over the five hour live broadcast, an average of more than 810,000 Australians tuned in nationally to Australia Unites: Red Cross Flood Appeal , which was simulcast on 10, 10 Play, Channel 9, 9Now, Channel 7 and 7plus.

On television, Australia Unites: Red Cross Flood Appeal reached over 3 million Australians including 2.16 million people in the capital cities and 1.03 million in regional areas.

Whenever disaster strikes, Australian Red Cross works side by side with organisations such as the St Vincent de Paul Society, The Salvation Army, Lifeline, and GIVIT to get help to where it’s needed most. They do an incredible job and the Red Cross is grateful to work alongside all of them.

So far, 468 Red Cross emergency response team members and volunteers have provided support in 49 evacuation centres – and donations help to make that support possible.

100% of the funds raised during the Telethon will go to people affected by the floods in cash assistance.

You can still donate to the Australian Red Cross Flood Appeal here to help the broader response including with the longer-term recovery or by calling 1800 733 276 .

3 Likes

From Seven:

Last night, the Seven Network, Nine and Network 10 united for a star-studded telethon which raised more than $25 million for the Australian Red Cross Flood Appeal.

Otherwise see above.

1 Like

Some publicity shots

9 Likes

It’s now on 10 play.

It’s not on 9Now or 7+ from what I can see.

4 Likes

Horrific ratings last night. A result of the night chosen and the boring content no doubt. Great it raised money but it basically all came from the corporates who bought the airtime. A shame they didn’t think it was worthy of a decent scheduled time slot.

5 Likes

The 3 big networks should get together once a year and do a telethon for natural disasters or whatever I like seeing the stars from 7 ,9 and 10 presenting together I grew up when I was little with the best show in the world hey hey it’s Saturday and also watched rove live so please bring back more Aussie live variety tv

1 Like

I hope you’re not suggesting we should have a natural disaster annually.

6 Likes

Late to this. I didn’t watch.

Funny both Ferguson and Harris started their metro TV careers at Seven stations. Ferguson and Cameron Williams were both honing their craft at ATN7 when Fordham was still in short pants making prank calls to Stan Zemanek’s 2UE radio show. Once a smart alec, always a smart alec.

Pity they couldn’t get Ferguson and Overton together in the same room.

7 Likes

Tom not really just have a telethon but I guess there is much else other than natural disasters the 3 big f.t.a networks could raise money for maybe to revive neighbours or Aussie drama I don’t know

I’m sorry but what.

4 Likes

Said no one ever.

3 Likes

Australia Unites: maybe to revive Neighbours or Aussie drama I don’t know Appeal

1 Like

No ones gonna give the TV networks more money lol But maybe next kids Hospital telethon could be joined.

Looks like COVID may have been travelling around in the Nine HQ on Saturday night :eyes:

2 Likes

Lucky it wasn’t Ben or Grant

1 Like