Australia: Now and Then

The show is the latest to follow a very familiar formula where a selection of ‘celebrities’ made up mostly by comedians, FM radio personalities and an occasional actor talk to camera about a selected topic. The host/s join the clips together. We recently saw the same sort of thing with Nine’s 20 to One.

1 Like

I hope it’s more like Agony Aunts and Agony Uncles and less like 20 to One.

Looks like a cheap time slot filler

Sam’s role on the show was posed as a question on Have You Been Paying Attention? last night. Fellow panellists and even the guest quizmaster (actress Geraldine Viswanathan) made fun of it too.

1 Like

As was Denise Scott’s role in it.

I actually enjoyed the show as did my family.

No show next Tuesday (August 24) due to Seven’s coverage of the Tokyo Paralympic Games opening ceremony.

1 Like

Some pretty horrible comments tbh, particularly “wussy” and “weak”.

Yeah, wtf is that about?

Why would the show even do something like that? Why is it OK to make fun of some people’s appearance and not others?

3 Likes

Yeah pretty poor attempt at humour on all their parts.

Troye is infinitely more successful internationally and talented IMO than anyone featured in that clip.

3 Likes

That’s what happens when your ensemble of personalities from all generations mainly consist of boomers who are out of touch of the current world.

2 Likes

Did you even watch the show? The generations are evenly represented- six from each. The younger personalities get as much air time as the older ones and also make comments that are disrespectful and unpalatable.

3 Likes

Fourth episode “Rebels” currently scheduled for Tuesday 7 September is labelled as the season final.

1 Like

Where is episode 3? Seven is repeating movie The Greatest Showman this Tuesday night.

The TV Guide in today’s Sunday Herald Sun has Episode 3 airing 8:30pm Tuesday August 31.

Now and Then out of the schedule.

Was it the ratings or did they need to go back and have a look at editing bits out of the upcoming episodes after the criticism they received for what had already aired?

The show returns on Tuesday, September 28 with episode 3.

The fourth and final episode has now been scheduled for Tuesday 5 October.

1 Like