ARN Regional (formerly Grant Broadcasters)

4RO moved began broadcasting from their new studios this morning. They’ve posted a tour of the station on their Facebook page.

https://fb.watch/pLbMwMttUu/

6 Likes

Touch Screens and Announcers shudder

Imagine how grotty they will get and announcers arent renowned for cleaning

I think id rather stick to a real surface with real buttons and faders

3 Likes

Agree. It’s all a budget move to save.

2 Likes

This is Dave Warner’s replacement.

2 Likes

Thanks @TV-Expert, interesting the media release mentions Jim as a new GM, I recall reading his name on earlier media releases on survey day.

1 Like

Breakfast with Jack and Dannii commenced on Star 106.3 today replacing Anthony Salame and Crystal Vas (Vas who left for a Marketing Director role late last year).

2 Likes
3 Likes

A bit hard for them to be there for nearly 50 years as Hot 100 has only been around since 1991. Unless they’re referring to the old 8DN.

3 Likes

Correct. Just look at KIIS 101.1 and Gold 104.3 on the ACMA where 1927 and 1930 the licences are listed as having started, not 1990.

4 Likes

The original 3DB and 3KZ for those playing along at home.

3 Likes

Isn’t there a difference though. 8DN didn’t covert to FM but actually ceased operation.

3 Likes

Yes. February 1992 I do believe it closed down permanently. What the circumstances were, I’m not sure.

4 Likes

well, presumably they’ve combined the history of two different stations for publicity purposes.

But – and this is correctly so – the ACMA list the licences of 3TTT and 3KKZ as having been first issued when their AM originals were.

4 Likes

I think by coincidence Hot 100/Mix 1049 just took up residence at the old 8DN studios. There is no formal link between them and 8DN as far as I know.

Hot100 actually began as a competitor to 8DN, but when 8DN breached ownership limits by having undue control over the Hot100 licence was when its licence was withdrawn. Ironically, if they’d held off a year or so, what 8DN did would no longer have been considered a breach as the two-stations rule came into effect?

5 Likes

Interestingly, the ACMA shows a licence for a microware link from the new premises to the transmitter which was approved in May 2023. They’ve clearly been working on this for a while.

2 Likes

It’s Darwin, stretching the truth is a top end pastime. Remember the newsreader at NTD who claimed to be an Olympian yet was an Olympic sized fraud?

2 Likes

Who was that?

1 Like

Enjoy.

3 Likes

The rubbery as ever regional radio survey aka phone poll aka testing market recall will begin for Ipswich on Monday, River 949 offering a $20 000 phone call giveaway.

Probably a chance to win $20 000, not the real thing.

1 Like

Just spent a week in Tassie, with LAFM and Chilli both on in the car a fair bit.

The main observation I’d make would be about lazy promos/news that didn’t cater for the local market. I’m assuming it was probably Sydney produced national content, but NRL references in news/promos are a bit jarring that far south.

4 Likes