ARN Regional (formerly Grant Broadcasters)

It’s been dropped in Darwin - local content returned till 5:00pm quite some time ago.

3 Likes

It’s been on air in Muswellbrook most of the year.

2 Likes

Some more ARN observations today:
River 1467 and Gold Central Victoria were using the same music log. River had a local announcer but Gold Didn’t. One song by Diana Ross had been requested by a resident in Euston NSW (across the Murray from Robinvale) via their app and this song was also played on both stations. The hourly news updates came from 3AW followed by local weather. River’s log was a couple of minutes ahead of Gold. Following Kock on Wood River went to their presenter and then played a couple of ads before playing I’m a Believer. Gold on the other hand went straight from Knock on Wood toI’m a Believer and so their log ended up ahead of River’s. This was round 1:30pm. By the late afternoon, local news updates read by Will Boddington from Geelong were also played half an hour after the national updates.

5 Likes

New GNFM signal is strong, which is a plus. It means that when I travel to Moss Vale or Bowral in the mornings, I don’t have to be subjected to 2ST, and when the signal drops out, I can just switch to Highland FM.

3 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun reports former MAFS participant Bryce Ruthven is suing ARN for $200,000 for breach of contract. It is claimed that in early April 2022, Bryce was sounded out by Chilli FM, then was flown to Launceston by the station and interviewed for the position as co-host of the breakfast show. On May 5 he was offered the position via email with the starting date of May 23. Bryce accepted the offer on the same day, and began to set in motion plans to move his young family from Melbourne to Tasmania, when on May 10 he was told the job offer had been withdrawn.

EDIT 4/7: Radio Today article

4 Likes

How is it a breach if nothing is signed yet? Offers are withdrawn all the time.

4 Likes

How do you know it wasn’t signed yet?

1 Like

Looking at their websites just now, it appears that 2ST, 2EC & 2NM have dropped John Stanley from their line-up, as it’s no longer listed under Shows. Interestingly, 4CA, 4MK, 4RO & 4BU appear to be continuing to air the program.

Also, 2ST have dropped The Garden Clinic from their line-up, which aired on Sunday mornings.

{Public Announcement} Unfortunately Radio 2ST (Shoalhaven/Southern Tablelands) has decided to no longer broadcast The Garden Clinic Radio programme as of this weekend. Of course, you are still able to listen via the 2GB app and website.

3 Likes

Disappointing that 2EC has dropped John Stanley and Michael Mclaren overnight. It was good to listen to talk back and drift off to sleep with it.

3 Likes

Judging by Lava, the above stations (except 4RO) have also dropped the program.

5 Likes

Currently checking 2ST and it appears that they are playing automated music at the moment and will continue to do so during the night and into the morning.
Edit, actually a local night show but I am not sure.

2 Likes

If only there was another way to hear them…

2 Likes

In a way it’s back to the classic 2EC days with automated music overnight. But the current networked music mix is inferior to what they had 10-15 years ago. You have to go to 2WEB for that sort of eclectic mix now.

2 Likes

Surely a rhetorical question? @LFD459

1 Like

I worked around the bloke when I did the studio rebuild in Bundaberg during his time at Hitz939
He is very much an entitled not so nice guy… I do seem to recall stopping him and a fellow co worker getting into a fist fight over how he speaks and treats people.

5 Likes

Is this the guy that I heard “allegedly” applied for & was offered a job at NEWFM Newcastle, but pulled out after accepting it, to take this ChilliFM job, then when they withdrew the offer, he went back to NEWFM asking could he still have that job & they told him no way, so he got upset & that’s what bought this compensation demand on?

3 Likes

Not sure he ever really had a chance as his reputation proceeds him :wink:

3 Likes

When will we expect to see the ARN-ification of River94.9 given its overlap into the Brisbane market?

When will we expect the Pure Gold stream to return to SEQLD?

2 Likes

Can’t wait for this, given it covers Toowoomba aswell i reckon it will be even more popular then River is now

4 Likes

To be honest I expected it to happen the minute 4KQ shut down, including River on DAB in Brisbane.

ARN are either incompetant or delusional (thinking KQ listeners might go to 97.3). They’ve been completely missing in action in trying to retain audience.

3 Likes