ARN Regional (formerly Grant Broadcasters)

Good pickup. Before and after below. The previous news intro does seem to grab your attention more than the new version.

Previous: SndUp | Post info

New: SndUp | Post info

3 Likes

Ballarat’s POWER FM is excited to launch a brand-new way to wake up next Monday! After an exhaustive search, Lara Jean Marshall will drag herself out of bed and saddle up on Monday to join Jack Van Der Heyden for “Jack & LJ for Breakfast.”
Lara Jean or LJ has a performing arts background, starring in 52 episodes of The Saddle Club as Lisa Attwood, along the way releasing 5 albums with her co-stars, 3 of which went gold! She also appeared in The Doctor Blake Mysteries and trod the boards in Melbourne in Les Misérables. More recently Lara Jean has been working in news for the ACE Network and is itching to get started in brekky radio, “I look forward to riding into my new role in breakfast radio and immerse myself in everything the Ballarat Community has to offer. Hang on tight Ballarat this is gonna be a fun ride!”

Jack & LJ for Breakfast on Ballarat’s 103.1 Power FM kicks off on Monday November 28 from 6am.

Source: https://www.powerfmballarat.com.au/shows/power-fm-brekky/about
About Jack & LJ
© Power FM Ballarat

1 Like

Haha… Saddle Club.

Does that make Abbie Chatfield more of a celebrity?

2 Likes

random question: What is the ownership status of 4AK/4WK in Toowoomba/Darling Downs?

Both stations are listed on both the ARN and Super Network websites

AM Network | 2SM Super Radio Network (4WK)
FM Network | 2SM Super Radio Network (4AK)

Are the stations now owned by ARN or does ARN just operate as a sales agent for those stations on behalf of Super Network?

2 Likes

If only they were owned by ARN.

Caralis’ stations were represented by the Cameron’s TSRN, The Radio Sales Network; ARN would continue that representation.

Have a look on Wayback Archive or similar.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Super Radio Network

4AK and 4WK still very much owned by Bill and Pam

6 Likes

arn regional news format has changed. it is now divided into 2 parts and 2 different readers. 1st is the local news and sport which is called local news now and goes for 2 mins which a local reader, then it goes national news now which is the national news and sport with a national reader which also goes for 2 mins

4 Likes

They’re going to need at least 6-7 of such bulletins to satisfy their local news requirements for local content licence conditions.

2 Likes

Been like that since last week.

1 Like

oh ok. thanks for letting me know

1 Like

No problem. I personally think the format is the wrong way round. It should be National News first, then Local News as then it goes into Local Weather

4 Likes

agree

1 Like

If you have a local news reader why aren’t they doing national headlines as well? What’s the point?

2 Likes

2GO used to structure their news this way prior to divestment when they were the GO in Wesgo.

1 Like

Mel Dee Dzelde died this morning at 52, after twin battles with rectal cancer and MND. Her husband Chris made the announcement on Instagram late this afternoon.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/radio-personality-author-mel-dzelde-dies-aged-52/news-story/afbdf6280db39bbdf7ca60c7cec09a6f

3 Likes

Hot 91 on the Sunshine Coast now go by the name 91.1 Hot FM.

RDS changed to 911HotFM

Not a bad idea to change the RDS, means if sorted by name on radios (such as my i30) they appear before Sea and Mix.

4 Likes

I saw this last night too, very recent change. While it looks uglier (in my opinion) it makes sense as their two competitors have 919 and 927 as the start of their station names in their RDS too.

4 Likes

Gold Central Victoria now using the Gold 104.3 news and sport themes. National news appears to be coming from Gold Melbourne or WSFM Sydney now too.

3 Likes

Interesting. I wonder if they’ll start to extend the Gold branding to other regional markets.

3 Likes