ARN Regional (formerly Grant Broadcasters)

I agree. I heard this on 4CC the other day and I thought WTF.

4 Likes

They basically used the same clips on all of the iHeart ads across the ARN Regional network. Even if I tune into a weak signal of 2EC Batesman Bay, I still here those teen voices. When the first E-skip signals arrive in the summer, I bet on an ARN station being received, those teen voices and that promo would still be heard by me.
Aka, if you are tuned to an ARN Regional Station, there is no escape from it. No escape at all.

6 Likes

The MMM digital stations also plug their Listenr app every single ad break. Big Turnoff.

5 Likes

Hot Tomato wrote their own.

2 Likes

“…and it’s soooooooo cooooooolllll”

2 Likes

I can hear the Gen X / Boomers listening to 2ST saying, “Bloody Gen Z”

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of the changes ARN has done to stations like 2EC. Especially the overnight schedule. They should’ve left talkback on overnight and the iheartradio ad does my head in.

4 Likes

@Chizmo27, have you sent your feedback to ARN?

Email Ryan Rathbone and failing that, Duncan Campbell.

3 Likes

Power FM SA’s Molly & Craig and Mix 102.3 Adelaide’s Ali Clarke held a joint broadcast this morning to raise funds for former colleague Mel Dee Dzelde, who has been diagnosed with MND on top of stage 4 rectal cancer.

3 Likes

u mean mix 102.3 adelaide and Power FM SA

2 Likes

Probably easier to do these days as they’re all under the ARN banner.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what radio should be doing, good on them both. Mel is a lovely person who has had so many health challenges so far.

5 Likes
2 Likes

A couple of weeks ago 7HO ditched their ‘Galvanise’ news theme which they have used for over a decade with a series of ‘beeps’ as their news intro. I’m not sure whether this is standard across the ARN Regional network. I’ve always thought that using The Chemical Brothers was a bit ‘out there’ for a station like 7HO but compared to its replacement I miss its gravitas of telling me ‘I need to listen now’ while I’m getting ready for work of a morning.

5 Likes

Good pickup. Before and after below. The previous news intro does seem to grab your attention more than the new version.

Previous: SndUp | Post info

New: SndUp | Post info

3 Likes

Ballarat’s POWER FM is excited to launch a brand-new way to wake up next Monday! After an exhaustive search, Lara Jean Marshall will drag herself out of bed and saddle up on Monday to join Jack Van Der Heyden for “Jack & LJ for Breakfast.”
Lara Jean or LJ has a performing arts background, starring in 52 episodes of The Saddle Club as Lisa Attwood, along the way releasing 5 albums with her co-stars, 3 of which went gold! She also appeared in The Doctor Blake Mysteries and trod the boards in Melbourne in Les Misérables. More recently Lara Jean has been working in news for the ACE Network and is itching to get started in brekky radio, “I look forward to riding into my new role in breakfast radio and immerse myself in everything the Ballarat Community has to offer. Hang on tight Ballarat this is gonna be a fun ride!”

Jack & LJ for Breakfast on Ballarat’s 103.1 Power FM kicks off on Monday November 28 from 6am.

Source: https://www.powerfmballarat.com.au/shows/power-fm-brekky/about
About Jack & LJ
© Power FM Ballarat

1 Like

Haha… Saddle Club.

Does that make Abbie Chatfield more of a celebrity?

2 Likes

random question: What is the ownership status of 4AK/4WK in Toowoomba/Darling Downs?

Both stations are listed on both the ARN and Super Network websites

AM Network | 2SM Super Radio Network (4WK)
FM Network | 2SM Super Radio Network (4AK)

Are the stations now owned by ARN or does ARN just operate as a sales agent for those stations on behalf of Super Network?

2 Likes

If only they were owned by ARN.

Caralis’ stations were represented by the Cameron’s TSRN, The Radio Sales Network; ARN would continue that representation.

Have a look on Wayback Archive or similar.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Super Radio Network