ARIA Awards

No, I just feel odd that the warning was shown when the awards were already under way.

It was fine there and more relevant to the next section.

1 Like

Bob Geldof copping criticism for sledging Keith Urban. Most people thought Keith did a good job hosting.

Yeah I found that bizarre too. They should have shown Kasey’s award and they should have shown Pnau as Dance music is very relevant these days. I also found it weird that they cut out the Rock award when Courntey Barnett who won it was performing later on. Yet there were some weird awards shown on TV like some musical related one that nobody would care about.

Overall though I really enjoyed the ARIAs this year. They seem to feel a bit more relevant again with quite a few artists up there performing and getting awards that I’ve heard a fair bit of in the past year which is good.

I agree. If she is good enough to perform at the awards then her award should have been shown.

2 Likes

I prefer EotS.

1 Like

According to Mediaweek, Twitter Australia reported last week that more than 3 million viewers around the world dipped into the platform’s livestream of the ARIA Awards red carpet coverage. Twitter also noted that there were around 4 million tweets about the event in the two weeks leading up to the show.
Red carpet coverage on the day saw #ARIAs trending in 14 countries and in nearly 150 cities.

I wonder who’ll be Nominated at the 33rd ARIA Awards Later in the Year, With Tones & I And The Teskey Brothers a Certainty for Nominations As Both acts are Melbourne Made, so do Boom Crash Opera Who should be 2019’s Hall of Fame Inductee’s.

:thinking::thinking:

ARIA PARTNERS WITH YOUTUBE MUSIC

ARIA and YouTube Music today launched a partnership to celebrate Australian music, culminating in the 2019 ARIA Awards to be held in Sydney on Wednesday , 27th November 2019 .

As part of this partnership, ARIA , with YouTube and YouTube Music , will work on exciting new initiatives to celebrate ARIA s past and present, while also propelling the ARIA’ s into a global future.

YouTube Music will support ARIA and the 2019 ARIA Awards , with activity planned across the upcoming ARIA Awards season, through public voting, ARIA Nominations , ARIA Week and the ARIA Awards .

This year, the ARIA Awards for Best Video and Song of the Year will be presented by YouTube Music . The winners of both of these Awards are chosen by the public and fans will get to vote for their favourites.

From today and in the weeks leading up to the Awards, hundreds of classic moments and performances from over three decades of the ARIA Awards will be exclusively released on the ARIA YouTube channel and available through the YouTube Music app, adding to the thousands of official songs, remixes, live performances, covers and music videos already available. This will provide Australian music fans, here and around the world, the chance to relive or discover iconic performances from Aussie artists Jimmy Barnes , Crowded House , Silverchair , Tina Arena , Savage Garden , Amy Shark and international guests from Ed Sheeran to Taylor Swift . Australians can check it all out now with a one-month free trial of YouTube Music Premium .

It’s the first year the ARIA Awards will also be shared with international audiences through a global live stream, replays and best of performances, on YouTube – taking the ARIA Awards and showcasing Australian music to a potential audience of two billion monthly logged in users on YouTube .

Denis Handlin AO, ARIA Chairman and Chairman and CEO of Sony Music Entertainment Australia and New Zealand and President, Asia , said:

“On behalf of the ARIA Board, I am very excited to welcome YouTube Music as our presenting partner for this year’s ARIA Awards. It has been another very special and significant year of Australian music and we are looking forward to celebrating the brilliant talent over the last twelve months. We are delighted to have YouTube joining us to help take the ARIA Awards to a new level this year.”

Mel Silva, VP & Managing Director of Google Australia and New Zealand , said:

“Working with our partners, clients and the industry to help them innovate, grow and succeed is a key priority for Google Australia. This partnership between YouTube Music and ARIA exemplifies this and underscores a common goal between our organisations – to support and spotlight the Australian music industry and amazing local artists. YouTube Music is home to a tremendous catalogue of music that you can’t find anywhere else. It’s a place where it’s possible to go from making a music video in your bedroom to booking a world tour. We’re thrilled to be working with ARIA and to be able to celebrate with everyone on the most spectacular night in music.”

Dan Rosen, ARIA Chief Executive , said:

“ARIA is very excited to enter into this partnership with YouTube Music. It provides an incredibly powerful platform to showcase Australian music here and around the world. YouTube has a unique ability to be both the home for our historical content, and the engine for our international growth. I cannot wait to celebrate the last year in Australian music at the 2019 ARIA Awards in partnership with YouTube Music.”

There have been a host of Australian success stories on the ARIA Charts over the last twelve months from artists including 5 Seconds Of Summer , Amy Shark , Conrad Sewell , Dean Lewis , Guy Sebastian , Hilltop Hoods , Jimmy Barnes , Kian and Tones And I . These achievements, combined with iconic live performances and collaborations, ensure we are in for an unforgettable night on Wednesday 27th November 2019 .

ARIAS HISTORY GOES LIVE ON YOUTUBE

ARIA is pleased to announce that over the coming weeks, hundreds of clips from the ARIA Awards archives will make their way onto YouTube, many for the very first time.

For the launch on 29 August, ARIA’s YouTube page will feature clips from the first nationally televised ceremony in 1992, as well as memorable ARIAs from the last 30-plus years. Each subsequent ARIAs year will hit the channel in the coming weeks, with spectacular performances and everyone remembers and moments some people would love to forget.

“When watching these videos, I know that music fans in Australia and around the world will be reminded of the immense talent of our Australian artists,” says ARIA chief executive Dan Rosen.

“Some of the fashion might have dated, but the power of the music certainly has not.”

The news comes following the announcement of ARIA’s partnership with YouTube for the 2019 ARIA Awards.

To see all of the ARIAs catalogue, head to youtube.com/ARIA

Will this year’s awards be shown live in real time? In the past couple of years, the ARIAs started at around 5.30pm Sydney time with a dinner break before or after the Hall of Fame ceremony.
Also, will the live streaming on YouTube be geoblocked so fans in SA, QLD, NT and WA have to endure delayed telecast of the awards ceremony?

The ARIA Awards Season Launch will be taking place on Thursday, 10th October hosted at the Art Gallery of NSW .

The 2019 ARIA Awards in partnership with YouTube Music will be launched at this year’s ARIA Season Launch , a newly named event for the official announcement of nominations in all categories, and announcement of the first winners of the 2019 ARIA Awards in the categories of Best Classical Album , Best Jazz Album , Best Original Soundtrack or Musical Theatre Cast Album , Best World Music Album , along with Producer Of The Year , Engineer Of The Year , and Best Cover Art .

2019 ARTISAN AWARDS | NOMINATED ARTISTS

Best Cover Art

Ben Jones for Amyl and The Sniffers - Amyl and The Sniffers (Flightless Records)
Jonathan Zawada for Flume - Hi This is Flume (Mixtape) (Future Classic)
Nick Mckk for Julia Jacklin - Crushing (Liberation Records)
Lucy Dyson for Paul Kelly - Nature (EMI Music Australia)
Emilie Pfitzner for Thelma Plum - Better In Blak (Warner Music Australia Pty Ltd)

Engineer Of The Year

Plutonic Lab for Hilltop Hoods - The Great Expanse (Hilltop Hoods/Island Records Australia/Universal Music Australia)
Burke Reid for Julia Jacklin - Crushing (Liberation Records)
Kevin Parker for Tame Impala - Patience (Modular Recordings/Island Records Australia/Universal Music Australia)
Sam Teskey for The Teskey Brothers - Run Home Slow (Ivy League Records)
Konstantin Kersting for Tones And I - Dance Monkey (Bad Batch Records/Sony Music)

Producer Of The Year

Dann Hume for Matt Corby - Rainbow Valley (Matt Corby/Island Records Australia/Universal Music Australia)
Kevin Parker for Tame Impala - Patience (Modular Recordings/Island Records Australia/Universal Music Australia)
Burke Reid for Julia Jacklin - Crushing (Liberation Records)
Paul Kelly and Steven Schram for Paul Kelly - Nature (EMI Music Australia)
Konstantin Kersting for Tones And I - Dance Monkey (Bad Batch Records/Sony Music)

2019 FINE ARTS AWARDS | NOMINATED ARTISTS

Best Classical Album

Diana Doherty , Sydney Symphony Orchestra , Nigel Westlake , David Robertson , Synergy Vocals - Nigel Westlake: Spirit of the Wild / Steve Reich: The Desert Music (ABC Classic / Universal)
Genevieve Lacey - Soliloquy: Telemann Solo Fantasias ( ABC Classic/Universal Music Australia)
Grigoryan Brothers , Adelaide Symphony Orchestra , Benjamin Northey - Bach Concertos (ABC Classic / Universal)
Nicole Car , Australian Chamber Orchestra , Richard Tognetti - Heroines (ABC Classic/Universal Music Australia)
Paul Kelly , James Ledger - Thirteen Ways To Look At Birds (Decca Australia/Universal Music Australia)

Best Jazz Album

Andrea Keller - Transients Vol.1 (MGM)
Angela Davis - Little Did They Know (ABC Jazz/Universal Music Australia)
Barney McAll - Zephyrix (Extra Celestial Arts)
Kate Ceberano and Paul Grabowsky - TRYST (ABC Music/Universal Music Australia)
Phil Slater - The Dark Pattern (Earshift/The Planet Company)

Best Original Soundtrack or Musical Theatre Cast Album

Burkhard Dallwitz - LOCUSTS: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Closereef Productions)
Gang Of Youths - MTV Unplugged (Live in Melbourne) (Mosy Recordings/Sony Music)
Luke Howard - The Sand That Ate The Sea (Mercury KX/Universal Music Australia)
Trials - Cargo (Causeway Films/Universal Music Australia)
Various Artists - The Recording Studio (Music From The TV Series) (ABC Music/Universal Music Australia)

Best World Music Album

Chaika - Arrow (Mara Music/Independent/Gyrostream)
Joseph Tawadros - Betrayal of a Sacred Sunflower (Independent/The Planet Company)
Melbourne Ska Orchestra - One Year Of Ska (ABC Music/Universal Music Australia)
Tara Tiba - Omid (Cezanne Producciones/The Planet Company)
Zela Margossian Quintet - Transition (Art As Catharsis)

Really good choice.

1 Like

This morning’s announcement of nominations for the 2019 ARIA Awards was overshadowed by 10’s 2020 upfronts. Nevertheless, Tones and I dominates this year’s nominations on the back of her No.1 hit Dance Monkey.

The list of nominations and winners of Artisan Awards can be found here

1 Like

First guest performer of this year’s awards is revealed to be US singer-songwriter Halsey.

Human Nature will be inducted into ARIA Hall of Fame at this year’s awards.

Also, UK singer-songwriter Dua Lipa is the second guest performer.

Khalid is also performing at the ARIA Awards.