Ambulance Australia

Season 1 is now available on BBC iPlayer in UK after it was shown on BBC Three. Season 1 is currently on air on TVNZ 2 in New Zealand on Tuesday nights.

shame channel 10 did repeat from series 1 on Tuesday the only thing I can think that they want to add week on to it for some reason

Two NSW Ambulance paramedics appeared on Studio 10 this morning, talking to Sarah and Joe about their work and the new season which starts tomorrow.

1 Like

Ten’s decision to show a repeat of season 1 of Ambulance back in February is coming back to haunt the network now.

1 Like

I’d say the problem was they were cutting it really fine from recording to editing to broadcast, so they didn’t have any episodes ready in time for the first week of ratings.

You could be right. Filming for season 2 began during last summer (the latest episode covered New Year’s Eve 2018) which left little time for turnaround.

1 Like

Well that kind of would be sense. The other reason made no sense to me.

Elizabeth Branagan, one of the NSW Ambulance paramedics featured on the show, has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and just started chemotherapy.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/ambulance-australias-elizabeth-biffie-branagan-in-cancer-fight/news-story/de0934e0a55316718b6e0b7f4a366387

The final two episodes of the current season will be shown on Thursdays from May 23, after MasterChef.

Saw the season finale tonight. An excellent episode. However I find it strange that the fate of the guy who collapsed at the wheel in a hot car and Tony, the 70-year-old ex-policeman who fell and bumped his head, was not revealed near the end. Did they recover from their injuries?
The promo described tonight’s episode as “finale” and not “season finale”. I hope there will be more seasons of Ambulance Australia to come, if not necessarily from NSW.

I was wondering the same thing, except I’d forgotten about the earlier guy (in the car), I was more wanting to know the outcome for the 70 year old!

it doesnt work

Ambulance Australia: Ultimate Emergencies. starts this sunday on 10 and win at 7.30pm

And it was crap.

Just repeats wrapped up in a new name.

I have already seen every single “call out” they had on Sunday’s show.

Also disappointed it was a 90 min clip show of already aired content.

10 found a moderate success with this show last year, got greedy and brought it back too soon as a filler between their programming week and when everything else failed it hurt the show and Sunday’s show (and next weekend) is testament to that.

Ambulance Australia Commences Production In Queensland

The Sunshine State Breeds Heroes.

Season three of Network 10’s powerful Australian documentary series Ambulance Australia , has commenced production in Queensland, showcasing the critical work our paramedics are faced with on a daily basis.

With honesty and transparency, the gripping fly-on-the-wall series will take an extraordinary look at the Queensland Ambulance frontline.

Taking viewers on a journey from the high pressure Ambulance Triple Zero Operations Centre, to the paramedics on the road who are forced to make split second decisions that can mean the difference between life and death.

With a staggering 1,235,793 responses to incidents during the 2017 – 2018 financial year, the most of any state, Queensland is the perfect location to capture the raw reality of life as a paramedic.

Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Network 10 is thrilled Ambulance Australia is back in production for its third season, and this time, from sunny Queensland. The heart-warming and often heartbreaking cases, together with Ambulance Australia ’s compelling approach to storytelling has resonated so powerfully with Australian viewers. With the most number of responses to incidents of any state, we can’t wait to see the Queensland paramedics in action.”

Queensland Ambulance Service Commissioner, Russell Bowles, said: “It’s rare for the public to get a behind the scenes glimpse of our operations so this is an exciting way to highlight the care, compassion and professionalism shown by our staff. We hope that by showcasing the rewarding, and at times difficult work our paramedics and Emergency Medical Dispatchers do every day, the public will get a greater understanding of what to do in an emergency and when is an appropriate time to call Triple Zero (000).”

Endemol Shine CEO, Mark Fennessy, said: “ Ambulance Australia is a truly unique series of which we’re enormously proud. Season 3 promises to be the most compelling yet as filming moves to the Sunshine State for the very first time. We look forward to showcasing the brilliant work of the Queensland Ambulance service.”

Minister for Health and Ambulance Services, Steven Miles, said: “We’re extremely proud of the way our Ambos in teal deal with patients in what is often the most vulnerable and confronting point in their life and this series will show the light and shade of what it is to be a Queensland Ambulance officer.”

Ambulance Australia is produced by Endemol Shine Australia for Network 10 and will return to television screens in 2020.

1 Like